Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Dr Amp

Anyone own one of these. Would really love to hear some feedback on this product....

You can always bring your source and go down to Jaben to test it out.

Anyone own one of these. Would really love to hear some feedback on this product....

Well. . . i got to know the product from uncle wilson himself. . .

I find it alright, pretty decent but like the fact that it can drive speakers.

In fact Uncle Wilson, showed me how this smaller little fellow actually drive his apri of tannoy, subsequently using the Xiangsheng as preamp... That very moment i thought this could be tube amp dream come true as its did produce what i would call a lushy tuby sort of music. . .

Due to space constraint and the recent purchase of my Xiangsheng and MS2, i would like to hear more feedback from the owners of this amp before i decide to close my eyes, ignore my gf reluctance and my pocket constraint AND LET MY IMPULSE TAKE OVER.... :DD:DD:DD

hope my gf is not reading this. . .

In fact Uncle Wilson, showed me how this smaller little fellow actually drive his apri of tannoy, subsequently using the Xiangsheng as preamp... That very moment i thought this could be tube amp dream come true as its did produce what i would call a lushy tuby sort of music. . .

Due to space constraint and the recent purchase of my Xiangsheng and MS2, i would like to hear more feedback from the owners of this amp before i decide to close my eyes, ignore my gf reluctance and my pocket constraint AND LET MY IMPULSE TAKE OVER.... :DD:DD:DD

Just tell her it cost $10. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I can't cos she was there when Uncle Wilson showed me that. . . :lol::lol::lol:

Besides if i get the amp i will need to get a pair of speakers, which can't possibly cost too little as she know how much the MS2 cost.. <_<<_<

Besides if i get the amp i will need to get a pair of speakers, which can't possibly cost too little as she know how much the MS2 cost.. <_<<_<

You know, there are some places you shouldn't bring your girlfriend

You know, there are some places you shouldn't bring your girlfriend

Actually if you don't mind used speakers, Uncle Wilson can be persuaded to part with them at a reasonable price.

Actually if you don't mind used speakers, Uncle Wilson can be persuaded to part with them at a reasonable price.

Yup i agree, but pockets not deep enough ... :ppth:

It is interesting where this thread is straying to ....

Anyway ... I have owned the Dr AMP for a couple of months and using it in my study as a small room solution.

My setup ... Ipod or CD player (via a DIY switch box) > dr amp > Mordaunt Short MS10i; using DIY Canare cables and plugs for interconnects and speakers.

Great amp for driving speakers with high sensitivity, the MS10i is 88db, and the above setup has wowed quite a number of my "audiophile" buddies. Range well reproduced with a touch of warmth ... jazz and vocal sounds great with the above setup.

And because it's digital, it is small and does not get too hot (which is great for putting it anywhere). It's sitting on top of my PC under my study desk.

I have tried the amp with speakers like Quad 11L and Kef iQ7 ... you get OK sound but just not musical ... not enough power to drive these. Choice of source made a difference too ... it sounds fantastic with a good CD player.

Buy this if you have space constraint, own high sensitivity speakers, want something better than your average mini-hifi; and want to surprise your buddies who believe that good sound comes from spending tonnes and from well known brand.

And what's with the gf thingy .... better this than other indulgences. And if it's challenging now ... wait until you get married :)

Edited by Ahlek

It is interesting where this thread is straying to ....

Anyway ... I have owned the Dr AMP for a couple of months and using it in my study as a small room solution.

My setup ... Ipod or CD player (via a DIY switch box) > dr amp > Mordaunt Short MS10i; using DIY Canare cables and plugs for interconnects and speakers.

Great amp for driving speakers with high sensitivity, the MS10i is 88db, and the above setup has wowed quite a number of my "audiophile" buddies. Range well reproduced with a touch of warmth ... jazz and vocal sounds great with the above setup.

And because it's digital, it is small and does not get too hot (which is great for putting it anywhere). It's sitting on top of my PC under my study desk.

I have tried the amp with speakers like Quad 11L and Kef iQ7 ... you get OK sound but just not musical ... not enough power to drive these. Choice of source made a difference too ... it sounds fantastic with a good CD player.

Buy this if you have space constraint, own high sensitivity speakers and want something better than your average mini-hifi ... and surprise your buddies who believe that good sound comes from spending tonnes.

And what's with the gf thingy .... better this than other indulgences. And if it's challenging now ... wait until you get married :)

Thanks for the feedback, Ahlek. As for the gf thingy, there is no challenge on what i buy. I dun want to see a glum face when i am buying something i like for myself, better for everyone to be happy. :))

No point, i get it and she gives me a sad face o what so ever.. not shiok also after you blasted your wallet.. ;)

BTW, a cheaper alternative is the Sonic T-Amp which someone is trying to sell locally in echoloft classified. I have considered it but prefered Dr Amp becoz of its robustness, quality-built and the fact that it comes with a "matched" power supply.

And good luck on the thingy :)

Edited by Ahlek

BTW, a cheaper alternative is the Sonic T-Amp which someone is trying to sell locally in echoloft classified. I have considered it but prefered Dr Amp becoz of its robustness, quality-built and the fact that it comes with a "matched" power supply.

And good luck on the thingy :)

Aiyah head pain arh.. dun know how to choose

hahahaaaa :D:D:D

she will say "so cheap?? wah.. can buy 1 for me??"

there goes.. bigger hole in your pocket..