redalf

High Society

i believe many have heard of the High Society collection by That CD Shop... I got the Shanghai Jazz disc, and i love it... Any fans here?

http://www.highsociety.com.sg/

On the side note, the sales gals in Tower Record branch is quite pretty and very helpful... saw a couple of blogs dat ppl bought their CDs on impulse.... haha...

ya... their CDs are quite ex... (HDCD by the way...) i will think dat price is ok, if u really like it... abit have to go into the packaging too...

ya... their CDs are quite ex... (HDCD by the way...) i will think dat price is ok, if u really like it... abit have to go into the packaging too...

Hey bro,

Thats true, the box and the soft bag that comes with it have a cost to make so the cost comes

back to us. I believe with that price it should at least be gold. :D

hi

but sometimes the way they played and advertised their 'High Society' CDs puts me off. The gals will play selections of each track in some particular album then skips to next track and cycle continues.. AND blast the tracks thro' their BMB speakers.. so hash and fatiguing..

I once stayed in the shop to browse for more than hour and they just keep blasting the same CD over and over again.. wanna puke :ppth:

On the side note, the sales gals in Tower Record branch is quite pretty and very helpful... saw a couple of blogs dat ppl bought their CDs on impulse.... haha...

those AH LIANS have tricky sales tactics. seems to work very well.

I was at Raffles city That CD Shop and went to check out this series. Using their nakamichi changer which clipped badly on the akg 141 headphones when i tried to turn up the vol. i am a little short of hearing, cant really hear anything execept the noise coming out the BMB boom boxes. i was listening to the Shanghai Jazz cd.

High Society label is exclusive to That CD Shop produced by EMI. I dun hear anything extradordinary good about the production. To me its just a fancy re packaging of music into genres which EMI/That think will appeal to a less mainstream customers, targeting the yuppie or more matured listeners. Together with the killer ah lian marketing, this will help bring in the sales.

Dun mind me, i m just not really turned on by ah lians.

Edit: I came across the original Shanghai Jazz 1 and 2 CDs. They are released in 2004 by EMI Hong Kong produced by John Huei. From this I suspect the High Society label is simply repackaging existing EMI CDs. I gonna go try to find the Hong Kong original or China PI at Visma when I have the time. Its a joy to go digging for CDs in a messy shop :)

Edit2: High Society are HDCD editions of existing EMI CDs.

Edited by petia

Hi !!

I have the Lust CD !! and i love it ... but since i'm not in Singapore, do you know if i can by other High Society cd on the internet for example ?

hey guys, mind if we share the CDs?

cos' i've got some too.

well, it's rather expensive to get one as it cost like $29.90 per CD.