Elac

Hobbies

i owned a RC car and a RC bike when i was young. both batt operated

no longer playing them.

quite interested in RC heli but lack of funds lol

oh snooker one of my hobbies too... but no kakis liao <_<

Maybe one of these days, we can have a sgheadphones snooker meet. :drunk: Where you normally play? These days, I go West Coast RC. Imagine wear headphones or IEMs and play! haha.

Oh afbug! found a snooker player here. Haha.. but i play pool (used to) but there's no time for it already. I gave away my Lucasi play cue, Kangeroo jump-cue and my break cue away to my friend. I gave up that hobby just before i decided to go into custom cues. I think i lost touch with the game already. :))

Ooooo talk about pool! Poolfanatic? I'm really into it in back in 2003 but I cannot really remember the rules, lost interest after a year or so. I even almost bought a Fury for myself but I got one for my GF thou. Custom cues are really expensive considering they don't mean better performance.

Lucasi play cue, Kangeroo jump-cue and break cue = 3X2 case? You know how to jump? Can teach? Got pointers? I dunno how to jump. Snooker players dunno how to jump one. :P

I really long time never play. My hand (Area between the thumb and index finger) still ache a bit from griping my cue. :blush: Somemore my grip is loose, not tight at all.

Ok, I just come back from a few rounds of snooker. It is one of my hobbies althougth I don't play often these days. I always tend to get into stuff but cannot considered a hobby, maybe interest as they don't last long. eg, I was onced interested in photography, but my interested died after a while. Lucky I've not invested in a DSLR.

To those interested to buy a cue here are somethings to take note and my personal cue's spec:

Tip size: 9.6mm

Butt size: 29.5mm

Weight: 18.5Oz

Shaft length: 43 inches

Butt length: 14 inches with female joint for extensions like a short 6 inch one or a long 18 inch.

These are my personal preference and of cause it doesn't apply to others but these are the points to take note of when buying a cue besides manufacturer preference.

I'm not a pro player or good at all. People normally assume that personal cue owners are very good and that is a misconception or stereo type. Its a little like audio. You can use stock buds/house cue or higher end earphones/personal cue. :beer: But then, normally cue owners will have some standard la as buy already, don't use also wasted, so as they play/practice more, the better they become. :lol: BTW, my cue is a cheap one by Mastercue. Can't afford a John Parris.

You went West Coast Recreation Centre on Friday night? I was there til ard 11pm. But honestly... if u play snooker then can't beo gals liao.. The pool area lots of gals though.. haha. Tempted to switch tables..

You went West Coast Recreation Centre on Friday night? I was there til ard 11pm. But honestly... if u play snooker then can't beo gals liao.. The pool area lots of gals though.. haha. Tempted to switch tables..

Yeah I was there on Fri night but I think I reach there at about 11pm. I think we just missed each other. But its also hard to spot a friend there as its quite big unless you really keep a look out. If I'm there, I'm normally on 18 or 19. If taken, its 14 or 15. But these days, the 'inside' room is non smoking liao and the tables there are very good. Will try there in future. Sometimes, I'm in the VIP rooms. I play pool there less than 5 times. :blush:

Snooker and chio bu don't go hand in hand la. Cannot mix, can get easily distracted and if playing number ball or got stakes, 'sorry about your wallet man!' :lol: Sometimes, I play with female friends and they wear those low cut ones, wah, must really concentrate like playing for broke! Thats why when I play in pubs against girls, I sure lose unless she really lousy or erm..... :drunk:

I know I sound like a buaya haha but really, non-players, wait till you face one. You'll see and understand.

Maybe one of these days, we can have a sgheadphones snooker meet. :drunk: Where you normally play? These days, I go West Coast RC. Imagine wear headphones or IEMs and play! haha.

Long time never play liao.. the usual hangouts are Marina Square, Paradiz. And many years ago it was Classic at the National Stadium.

These days seem to play pool more often, but I still prefer snooker anytime.

I know I sound like a buaya haha but really, non-players, wait till you face one. You'll see and understand.

:lol:

Ya now cannot smoke inside liao.. much better.. Last time inside was like a gas chamber. In fact I only play snooker there.. the pool tables there are somewhat too low for me compared to other places.

The cues there sux big time.. it's hard to find a decent cue especially if you reach there when its crowded. No wonder so many ppl bring their own cues there to play..

Long time never play liao.. the usual hangouts are Marina Square, Paradiz. And many years ago it was Classic at the National Stadium.

These days seem to play pool more often, but I still prefer snooker anytime.

:lol:

haha Classic at Stadium. Super long time ago man. I also remember that place. Freezing cold, esp in the morning. I normally play at the Mechmaster beside it. Bigger and less people. Billy's at Paradiz is where I learn the game but sadly, close already and so is Pot Black where I taught my GF how to play pool.

Ya now cannot smoke inside liao.. much better.. Last time inside was like a gas chamber. In fact I only play snooker there.. the pool tables there are somewhat too low for me compared to other places.

The cues there sux big time.. it's hard to find a decent cue especially if you reach there when its crowded. No wonder so many ppl bring their own cues there to play..

My eyes hurt when playing 'inside' the gas chamber. I did not observe the pool tables. I tot all same hieght? Slightly lower than snooker ones.

Time to get a cue. Most players there uses their own. They have Mastercue there......those handmade ones from their Pro-Butt range. :drool: They got lots of cue lock there too. They even have personal ball lockers for you to store your own set of balls.

Ooooo talk about pool! Poolfanatic? I'm really into it in back in 2003 but I cannot really remember the rules, lost interest after a year or so. I even almost bought a Fury for myself but I got one for my GF thou. Custom cues are really expensive considering they don't mean better performance.

Lucasi play cue, Kangeroo jump-cue and break cue = 3X2 case? You know how to jump? Can teach? Got pointers? I dunno how to jump. Snooker players dunno how to jump one. :P

I really long time never play. My hand (Area between the thumb and index finger) still ache a bit from griping my cue. :blush: Somemore my grip is loose, not tight at all.

I uses a 4X2 case. Jump shot is not so hard to master. Just normal cueing on centre point, elevate from (30 - 60 degrees depending on jump distance), then from your elevated view, aim for the point slightly above centre-ball. Feather gently, then give a follow-through punch. JUMP!

The main thing is to get a straight stroking and the bridge(it hurts at times). :P

I once wore headphones when training on my own. The headband came down on my specs as i leaned forward to feather. :D So the next time i went there alone was with an IEM.

I uses a 4X2 case. Jump shot is not so hard to master. Just normal cueing on centre point, elevate from (30 - 60 degrees depending on jump distance), then from your elevated view, aim for the point slightly above centre-ball. Feather gently, then give a follow-through punch. JUMP!

The main thing is to get a straight stroking and the bridge(it hurts at times). :P

4X2? Extra shaft? BTW, I don't quite understand the need for an extra shaft. What for? Thanks for the tip for jumping. So I think its just like normal 'spider' shot in snooker. I think my spider bridge will not hurt me but I dun have a jump cue. Maybe use the 3/4 shaft of my snooker cue to practice. :P Will try it out the next time I play.

I don't think I can listen to IEMs or headphones during play. Want to hear the cue contact and ball.

We should have a Snooker/Pool gathering man!! Some fun it'll be.. :DD:DD

Maybe we should but who is interested? Central area don't have good snooker halls liao I think? Snooker cum audio gathering? :cans:

I used to own 1 extra shaft. Sold it away. It totally depends on your cue. In pool, you will use alot of english shots. There's anti-deflection shaft (like the 314 predator shaft) for accuracy shot even if you do an English.

I recommend you will use proper jump cue. The shaft is stiffer and the tip is tougher. The table cloth is also important in terms of play and doing jump shots. LOl! It's an complex issue. I do not own a cue now since i gave away to my friend (but i can always borrow as long it's still around) :))

By the way, is jump shot permited in snooker?

I used to own 1 extra shaft. Sold it away. It totally depends on your cue. In pool, you will use alot of english shots. There's anti-deflection shaft (like the 314 predator shaft) for accuracy shot even if you do an English.

I recommend you will use proper jump cue. The shaft is stiffer and the tip is tougher. The table cloth is also important in terms of play and doing jump shots. LOl! It's an complex issue. I do not own a cue now since i gave away to my friend (but i can always borrow as long it's still around) :))

By the way, is jump shot permited in snooker?

Ah icic. English shots is very difficult in snooker cos the distance can be huge and the pockets being smaller. 1/2 table distance still possible but full table, only the pros can do. I still cannot hit English shots successfully in snooker. Most of the time, I'll miss. Only those near ones can make it and still, its not a sure thing.

Delibrate jumping in snooker is not permited during play. Its a foul shot. But I want to learn as I dunno and never jump before. I'll see if I'm successful or possible on a snooker table with a snooker cue. :P I don't even own a pool cue, let alone a jump cue. lol.