Elac

Hobbies

All these talks make me feel gian about playing again ..

The cue ball is awfully small as well. Playing style is different as well. <_<

haha its not too bad la but maybe for a pool player, its small cos to me, the pool balls and pocket are huge! Playing style slightly different only? Snooker requires more firm stance while pool is more relaxed? BTW, any idea where can I buy a 1/2 snooker cue with female joint at butt to accept a mini extension?

All these talks make me feel gian about playing again ..

If got demand, arrange a snooker gathering lor. :beer: I'm fine with one. I think cocobean is keen too?

Edited by afbug

I don't mind also haha but I'm going away for 2 weeks.

1 thing bad about pool... when you go from snooker to pool.. then u go back to playing snooker again.. you will find that your aiming and accuracy is gone :P

I don't mind also haha but I'm going away for 2 weeks.

1 thing bad about pool... when you go from snooker to pool.. then u go back to playing snooker again.. you will find that your aiming and accuracy is gone :P

Oh then wait till you get back then. Haha yes, after playing pool and switch back to snooker, everything go haywire. :blush:

I think I got bitten by the snooker bug after playing snooker again after a long layoff. Not so interested in audio these few days. Been looking a some new snooker cues. :P

Here is something for you guys:

Mr maximum; Ronnie "The Rocket" O' Sullivan's 147 break.

World record fastest 147 in a competition match:

His other 147:

Well.. you can mix both hobbies together..

Organise a snooker session.. then 2 play at a time.. while the others can play with the toys!

Well.. you can mix both hobbies together..

Organise a snooker session.. then 2 play at a time.. while the others can play with the toys!

Haha must find a place that have a table to put all the amps and earphones. :lol: Actually, we can open the VIP room in WCRC and use it as a room for listening to those Audio stuff. Got a big green felt table to protect our gears from scratches and chairs. haha. Still can order food and drinks! Its quiet too! 1 hr approx $9-11.

Incredible 147!

Yes, incredible it was. Ronnie is quite simply the best player in cue sports.

Ever heard commentary in Cantoese? My first time too! John Higgins' 147 in LG cup. I remember watching this on espn but its in English though!

Edited by afbug

Nice pic. Looks cartoonish. :P I used to have some old F1 cars by Tamiya. Ferrari, McLaren Honda and a Benetton Ford.

Did something crazy. In an age where 3/4 snooker cues are all the rage and are considered better, I just custom made a 1/2 cue! I find that 1/2 cues are technically more difficult to use in snooker, especially for cue ball control as the weigh is shifted nearer to the center. I hope my cue ball control will be better when I switch back to a 3/4 one. I also chose a small tip, 9.5mm one. Hoping that my stroke and accuracy will improve and generate copious amount of spin.

The reason why I custom made because 1/2 cues with butt end female joint are rare these days. (Want to make use of my extensions) Nothing expensive or extravagant. Only a cheap Mastercue machined 1/2 one just for trying out and getting the feel of a center joint cue again.

Been looking at snooker cues these days. :P Might be ordering a British handmade 3/4 one or handmade Mastercue in the future. I used to view cues as a tool like a tennis racket. I only need one. These days, they look like art to me. Some of the designs are nice but I only like simple designs. Fancy ones are a turn off to me.

I'm loosing interest in audio again. lol.

nicely done!

if you told me they were real cars and the photo was taken from a car show I would've believed you.

Nice pic. Looks cartoonish. :P I used to have some old F1 cars by Tamiya. Ferrari, McLaren Honda and a Benetton Ford.

Did something crazy. In an age where 3/4 snooker cues are all the rage and are considered better, I just custom made a 1/2 cue! I find that 1/2 cues are technically more difficult to use in snooker, especially for cue ball control as the weigh is shifted nearer to the center. I hope my cue ball control will be better when I switch back to a 3/4 one. I also chose a small tip, 9.5mm one. Hoping that my stroke and accuracy will improve and generate copious amount of spin.

The reason why I custom made because 1/2 cues with butt end female joint are rare these days. (Want to make use of my extensions) Nothing expensive or extravagant. Only a cheap Mastercue machined 1/2 one just for trying out and getting the feel of a center joint cue again.

Been looking at snooker cues these days. :P Might be ordering a British handmade 3/4 one or handmade Mastercue in the future. I used to view cues as a tool like a tennis racket. I only need one. These days, they look like art to me. Some of the designs are nice but I only like simple designs. Fancy ones are a turn off to me.

I'm loosing interest in audio again. lol.

Lol! Pardon me, what is a 1/2 cue and 3/4 termilology in Snooker? You mean a joint in the centre for 1/2 and 3/4 of length from tip for 3/4? Haha.. i love butt joint for the 'feel' way back to your grip.

I think i have the same concept with you in cues. Simplicity is the cool-est.

loop_, this photograph was 'heavily' photoshop-ed for the Subaru WRC Rally car. The original colour is Blue. I changed the colour of the car to a Greenie for this forum. I used the original in a local scale modelling forum. I will post the original in the 'Photography' thread another day. :P

Lol! Pardon me, what is a 1/2 cue and 3/4 termilology in Snooker? You mean a joint in the centre for 1/2 and 3/4 of length from tip for 3/4? Haha.. i love butt joint for the 'feel' way back to your grip.

I think i have the same concept with you in cues. Simplicity is the cool-est.

loop_, this photograph was 'heavily' photoshop-ed for the Subaru WRC Rally car. The original colour is Blue. I changed the colour of the car to a Greenie for this forum. I used the original in a local scale modelling forum. I will post the original in the 'Photography' thread another day. :P

Haha sorry. Yes 1/2 cue = half/center joint. 3/4 cue = butt joint. Pic of a 3/4 cue is below.

Butt end with female joint is like the pic below. A hole at the butt end to accept/screw an extension. And yes, you literally screw in the extension into the hole. :lol: The pic below is also the design I choose. I ran out of ideas on the spot, just look for examples at the cues avaliable and choose this. I wanted some exotic wood, but can't make up my mind. So just go for a simple double white front splice.

IPB Image - $300

Its a simple design I choose and prefer. I've seen some complicated ones like the one below. It has 4 splices. Description = 4 secondary lower splices in "King wood" over blue veneers. This is the most I can take. :P

IPB Image - $350

I like these British cues too:

http://www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk/10040/info.php?p=2&pno=0

IPB Image - £130

IPB Image - £130

IPB Image - £130

IPB Image - £135

These will cost more no doubt but in British prices, £130 is cheap liao as the very same Mastercue PB4 cost £150 in UK. Prices are exclusive of shipping and if shipping cost £30, its SGD$90!!

Edited by afbug