Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Gilmore lite

to quote from the website:

http://headamp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55

Hello,

HeadAmp is holding a pre-order sale for the upcoming Gilmore Lite amplifier. Pre-ordered Gilmore Lites will ship in mid-August. This sale will run until July 15. Exterior photos will be available soon.

The Gilmore Lite headphone amplifier is a great way to get the Gilmore sound in a smaller box that can be transported to and from the office, or used in a small system.

Features of the Gilmore Lite include:

- Same amplifier circuit and components as Gilmore V2

- Elpac Wall-Wart power supply

- 2-4mm thickness brushed clear anodized enclosure measuring 4x6x1" (only one inch height!)

- Custom 0.2" thick front panel w/ recessed silver volume knob, red power LED, and engraved text and labeling. Back panel also has engraved text and labeling.

- High-quality gold plated RCA jacks (same as found on Gilmore V2)

- One RCA input / one 1/4" headphone output

The pre-order price is $249.99, with the price increasing to $300 after the sale. Pre-orders can be refunded at any time before the amplifier ships.

Please EMail justin@headamp.com if you have any questions about this offer.

wow. looks good huh. yes.gif

antness, if you're there, what're guys like us going to be supplied with if we go with the pre-order, I mean the Elpac psu won't work at our 230v voltage?

sounds good.,

is it portable gilmore?

parts wise its supposedly identical? but its just lacking the power part of the Gilmore. but I think firefox mentioned, the psu for the V1 and V2 was overkill anyway. hmm..if it sounds as good as a v2 with less than half the price, it'd be a killer deal man cool.gif

same amplifier circuit and components as Gilmore V2?

and they can reduce the price by nearly half??

sounds like a bargain! w00t.gif

Since the circutry is the same, I suspect it may not be so portable. Even it is, battery may use up very fast as power will be generate to heat at the transistor...

This is just my assumption... innocent.gif

update from antness:

the Elpac psu he's supplying is the WM071-1950-D5

dual output +/-15V VDC linear regulated.

without the PSU, it'll be US$30 less, and shipping here's approximated at US$25

ie. for US$245, we'd be getting the Gilmore lite, shipped.

Hey,

Ablaze, that looks like it would work however, the power supply would have to be enclosed in a box and you'd have to wire the appropriate connectors for it.

The easiest way, is probably just to get one of these:

http://www.voltageconverters.com/cgi-bin/s...ction&key=VC50R

As a step-down transformer, that is more than enough power for the Gilmore Lite. You would use this in addition to the supplied wall-wart.

One like this: http://www.voltageconverters.com/ci-bin/sh...ction&key=VC100

for $15 U.S. sits nicely on the floor.

I'm sure you have these locally as well. There is no effect on sonics of the amp from using a step-down transformer. Also, I will eventually be offering a separate Gilmore PSU that can be used with the Lite or someone's DIY project.

Hope this helps.

-Justin

Edited by antness

I'm very interested antness, an email will go your way soon.

http://sg.rs-c.dk/servlet/dk.stibo.module....oduleId=5162890

can someone take a look at the HAD15-0.4-A+

and see if its suitable.

Should be able to. This type of DC supply seems to be the type of indstrial one that I use at my workplace. From the picture, includes LM317 and LM 337 regulator. It is definately an overkill, there are 2 ICs there and I believe it is a feedback system to maintain +-15V very accurately. Normally DC voltage will change over the years due to aging component, seems that this baby would not.

I don't know the actual power consumption of the Gilmore, maybe more than the PPA. If it exceeds 400mA, the line regulation may eventually fail. dry.gif

Get the higher ampere one just in case. If you buy it and decide to sell, I buy from you for $20. yes.gifparty.gifyes.gifparty.gifyes.gif