aaron-xp

Headphone/Earphone Sightings

Noticed today, an uncle in my office using SR80s connected to his desktop computer...he has 2 CPU units, 3 screens and 2 "mousing" tablets...one cool uncle in an office of workholics...

sounds like a graphics workstation!! ;) guess I must be lucky to have worked in an office where almost everyone's using cans/iems.. a big mix of akg and beyers, and a bunch of ue iems.. hmmm

I work on a project basic at a production house.. so naturally most of the time projects and co-workers are involved in music one way or another. Was introduced to music setup from working with some interesting experimental audio/visual art projects. and my company store has plenty of monitors

Edited by viix

Noticed today, an uncle in my office using SR80s connected to his desktop computer...he has 2 CPU units, 3 screens and 2 "mousing" tablets...one cool uncle in an office of workholics...

Or an analyst......sounds just like what I have on my desk, minus the Grado. :))

a *PC* for graphics? oh, the horror...

the times, they are achanging....

:bash: PCs do have the power to operate super demanding programs such as Photoshop (esp with new processors, ie Duo Core 2)... I guess it's just a tradition to use Macs for design, since their designs are better than most PCs out there...

yup its a graphocs workstation...but actually every computer here is a graphics workstation, just less the fancy multiple screens/tablets...

:blink: ...just checked the computer Ive been using for the last 2+ weeks...

P4 3.2GHz, 2gb ram, Nvidia Quadro FX... :DD

Lemme guess, working in a 3d animation/wed design studio? Oh, Quadro FX.. too bad ain't dualies.. PC for graphics is norm nowadays, well for production anyway. Simply because it allows more codecs and easier/cheaper to set up with powerful GPUs and renderfarms. On mac systems, I'm limited.. for example software: FCP and shake/AE. For pc, i can play around from 3dsmax/maya/renderman to combustion/AE and the list goes on.

PCs do have the power to operate super demanding programs such as Photoshop (esp with new processors, ie Duo Core 2)... I guess it's just a tradition to use Macs for design, since their designs are better than most PCs out there...

Nowadays the demands of photoshop can be kept up by a PC also. Even in dtp, InDesign can be handled by a PC. The only difference in both system is the process priorty. Seems mac will allow the design software to run at top priorty no matter how many items are running. For a PC, you have to really streamline your workflow to prevent any hiccups.

I still prefer the PC. I don't have problems if I need to bring home my work to do, plus it's less costly for me to set up a editing station for pc vs a mac.

ok :b2t:P

Edited by viix

It is similar to the discussion between whether the “durians†at Marina Bay are to be called the “es-pla-nade†or the “es-pla-nardâ€. I personally prefer the latter. As for the Grado case, I would believe that the former is a more “Asian†pronunciation than the latter.

btw is it pronounced "Grah-does", or "Grey-does"? I have always thought they were the former, but heard some using the latter...

It's the latter, at least according to John Grado. :D

Weird isn't it, as in English. What is spelt may not be how it is pronounced. An example would be Devour as in "De-Vower" and not "De-vor" :b2t

Edited by aaron-xp