zhapchit

Xiangsheng 708b vs LD2+ ?

yup...darthurwells the guy Im in contact with...

I dont think we are OT are we? seeing that there dosent seems to be very keen interests in rolling/modifying the LD2+...and we are rather certain that the XS is "better" isnt it? :lol::lol::lol:

I havent compare it with with the LD2+ but seems that the general opinion is that the XS is better. And seems that most of the pple in this thread are XS users? :grin:

I remember Jaben has one LD2+ ? Maybe one day we can bring our XS there to do some comparisons

i'm quite curious to find out the differences between using 6N3P vs Western ELectric 2C51.

And also not to forget the Siemens tubes :D

you can test it for yourself...remove the front window tube and see if the amp still runs fine :DD ...

Im still waiting for my "voskhod" 6N3P-EB from the head-fi guy before I open up my XS...someday, I will start another thread for the few of us to share some tube rolling/caps changing info ok? unless someone beats me to it that is...

I do have XS with me and its now working as a preamp in my living rm system. Dont really dare to try and remove the tubes and run it. Do note about the discharging thing when removing the tubes..

XS takes quite a while to discharge(i mean longer then my tube amp) , while playing the cd, u try powering it off and it will still continue to play for abt 10 secs thereabout. Got electrocuted the last time i try to shift something right after i power off. :))

Anyone here uses the Audio technica headphones. was thinking of getting the ath a500, not sure how it perform.

This thread in headfi says about the 6N1 being cosmetical! :shocking:

Anyone able to confirm that? :doh:

Sounds interesting. Maybe I should try it on mine. :) If it's really cosmetic then we can save some money on NOT replacing this.

Regards

CK

Sounds interesting. Maybe I should try it on mine. :) If it's really cosmetic then we can save some money on NOT replacing this.

Regards

CK

Yah,I noticed that the wires connected to it comes from the power supply section.And nothing goes out from the 6n1 tube liao.

so that means i've bought some light bulbs :cry:

Well,some guys in headfi mentioned got difference leh... do u find that theres a improvemnt in the sound quality?

I do know that adjusment to the power supply can have big difference in sound quality,hence people spend big bucks on good power cord etc.....

Well,some guys in headfi mentioned got difference leh... do u find that theres a improvemnt in the sound quality?

I do know that adjusment to the power supply can have big difference in sound quality,hence people spend big bucks on good power cord etc.....

hmm I havent change the 6N1 yet. For power cord I changed it and could hear the difference.

I havent compare it with with the LD2+ but seems that the general opinion is that the XS is better. And seems that most of the pple in this thread are XS users? :grin:

I remember Jaben has one LD2+ ? Maybe one day we can bring our XS there to do some comparisons

i'm quite curious to find out the differences between using 6N3P vs Western ELectric 2C51.

And also not to forget the Siemens tubes :D

My 708B is currently fitted with the Siemens tubes and WE 2c51. =)

Happy combi,but still not very satisfied. I wan more!!

Haha...

My 708B is currently fitted with the Siemens tubes and WE 2c51. =)

Happy combi,but still not very satisfied. I wan more!!

Haha...

yotiao selling a pair of NOS amperex 6922... will that be better than the siemens? :grin:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?show...t=0entry77999

hmm I havent change the 6N1 yet. For power cord I changed it and could hear the difference.

yeah,I will go try change to a better power cord too. =)

BTW,share with u guys that i encounter....

I was hooking up my xbox to make it as my cd player and after hooking it up,I noticed theres a loud humming noise. Surprisingly when i touch the interconnects that goes into the 708B,the noise disappear. So i connected some wires and short it to ground and now the noise is gone for good. Hehe....

As i look at my uncase XS, among the 3 tubes in a row, what is the tube nearest to the volume knob??

the 2c51 and the 6922 mentioned are for the closest to the rca plugs right? They are 6n3 right?

How about the long and thin tube on the left, next to the caps.

Regards,

Marcus Lim

As i look at my uncase XS, among the 3 tubes in a row, what is the tube nearest to the volume knob??

the 2c51 and the 6922 mentioned are for the closest to the rca plugs right? They are 6n3 right?

How about the long and thin tube on the left, next to the caps.

Regards,

Marcus Lim

The tube nearest to the volume knob is the 6N3. Then followed by the 2 6N11.

The long and thin tube is the 6Z4.

Edited by zhapchit

The tube nearest to the volume knob is the 6N3. Then followed by the 2 6N11.

The long and thin tube is the 6Z4.

ok so what the various tubes for ..

now that we know the 6n1 is basically a light bulb..

I remember u mentioned the last 2 are for the letf and right channel

how abt the 6n3 and the 6z4??

ok so what the various tubes for ..

now that we know the 6n1 is basically a light bulb..

I remember u mentioned the last 2 are for the letf and right channel

how abt the 6n3 and the 6z4??

i'm quite a n00b with tubes... i only know that the 6z4 is a rectifier tube and the 6n3 is a gain tube. As to what they are for... :rclxub: