zhapchit

Xiangsheng 708b vs LD2+ ?

i just found the ebay deal u mentioned. The shipping charges is quite expensive. You got to take note of that.

Yeah... but if the tubes are really so good,i wun mind paying a few more bucks to get it here man. hehe..

i just found the ebay deal u mentioned. The shipping charges is quite expensive. You got to take note of that.

Ya Zhapchit, thanks for pointing it out. I did not realise it then... thot wanted to monitor it until the closing bid time then chiong my bids to secure it, but fail to wake up :) luckily.

I saw the other PA2V2 where postage is only 4USD and assumed same. Wah, really dangerous to bid for ebay stuff man, seems like besides the winning bid price + postage, still got a few dollars more for postal insurance required as per the amount. Dun really know how to see. Anyway, thanks. Really find so many tube amps in ebay, all sorts of fantastic or weird designs. But i think i can't have tube amp in my home becos not nosey kids (nephew/niece) safe.

But why the postage from HK to Sing so exp??? even cost more than the amp??? The bid winner paying SGD about 255.95 SGD (39+47 =86 pounds) Issit still good price for the XS708b?

Cheers.

Edited by Tristram

Hi guys,another thing to share. As mentioned in headfi thread about the 6N1 tube that its just there for show,right?I did take it out to experiment. True enough,the amp is still working fine.With nothing bad going on.No effect on the operation.

However,I noticed a soft buzzing,static sound coming out from my left headphone.

I thought it came from the tubes,so I removed and reinstalled it. But the buzzing sounds continue.

To further isolate the problem,I turn up the volume and off. To my surprise,the volume of the static/buzzing sounds doesn't goes up nor go down when i turn the volume knob.The buzzing sound is still there when i turn down the volume knob.

Then I suspect the 6n1 that i removed.So i installed it back and true enough,the buzzing/static sound is gone.

Thus,I conclude that the power supply link to the 6n1 is causing the static/buzzing sound.

Next thing that I wanna do is still,to remove it. But,this time,I'm thinking of either shield it or just cut the wires link to the 6n1.

Which method will be better? Can some experts pls advise me??

Hi guys,another thing to share. As mentioned in headfi thread about the 6N1 tube that its just there for show,right?I did take it out to experiment. True enough,the amp is still working fine.With nothing bad going on.No effect on the operation.

However,I noticed a soft buzzing,static sound coming out from my left headphone.

I thought it came from the tubes,so I removed and reinstalled it. But the buzzing sounds continue.

To further isolate the problem,I turn up the volume and off. To my surprise,the volume of the static/buzzing sounds doesn't goes up nor go down when i turn the volume knob.The buzzing sound is still there when i turn down the volume knob.

Then I suspect the 6n1 that i removed.So i installed it back and true enough,the buzzing/static sound is gone.

Thus,I conclude that the power supply link to the 6n1 is causing the static/buzzing sound.

Next thing that I wanna do is still,to remove it. But,this time,I'm thinking of either shield it or just cut the wires link to the 6n1.

Which method will be better? Can some experts pls advise me??

I tried and experience the same thing too abou the buzz

Ya Zhapchit, thanks for pointing it out. I did not realise it then... thot wanted to monitor it until the closing bid time then chiong my bids to secure it, but fail to wake up :) luckily.

I saw the other PA2V2 where postage is only 4USD and assumed same. Wah, really dangerous to bid for ebay stuff man, seems like besides the winning bid price + postage, still got a few dollars more for postal insurance required as per the amount. Dun really know how to see. Anyway, thanks. Really find so many tube amps in ebay, all sorts of fantastic or weird designs. But i think i can't have tube amp in my home becos not nosey kids (nephew/niece) safe.

But why the postage from HK to Sing so exp??? even cost more than the amp??? The bid winner paying SGD about 255.95 SGD (39+47 =86 pounds) Issit still good price for the XS708b?

Cheers.

Maybe that's why the winning bid is low, most of the cost goes into the shipping. But at 255.95 SGD still seems like a good price. I think some people bought it from other sources at around S$300. A second hand unit will cost around $200.

Anyway I've noticed that you're also considering the iCute amps. :D If possible try to audition the amps and see which you like most. Good luck to your search :thumbup:

I tried and experience the same thing too abou the buzz

ooh,so u hear the buzzing sound from the left ear too?

Actually,I just noticed that,even when i replaced the 6n1,the buzz is still there. Though its much softer,but its still there. I heard it now,(1.08am).I off my fan,everything and press the left sidie near to my ear... and there it is... that static,noise kind of sound.

Can somebody help me clear this noisy thing? Its not obvious,but its there.And I dun wan it to be there. =(

ooh,so u hear the buzzing sound from the left ear too?

Actually,I just noticed that,even when i replaced the 6n1,the buzz is still there. Though its much softer,but its still there. I heard it now,(1.08am).I off my fan,everything and press the left sidie near to my ear... and there it is... that static,noise kind of sound.

Can somebody help me clear this noisy thing? Its not obvious,but its there.And I dun wan it to be there. =(

Whats ur source..?

The last time i uses the ibook i also got the same problem..

i heard a buzz sound, when i remove the 6n1, replace it and it should be gone.

With my cdp as a source i don get the noise anymore, sometime got soft hiss for a while but only detectable by my "SCope" , my gf. she seems to have more sensitive ears to detect very slight noise and was able to pin point it..

Maybe try taking out the tubes and clean the pins abit?