Sign in to follow this  
ihyr2

International Sound & Sight Exhibition 2006

I went there last year and I had to say the booth next to the MCintosh was brilliant...Was absolutely blown away by those speakers...Oh, and btw, the CD's they issued last year were total bull$hit...Crap songs, crappy quality...Mine had lots of cracks and pops as well as distortions...

Hi ihyr2,

Went yesterday. More for the complimentary LPCD33. The commercial copy of last year's free LPCD33 is $34++. This year's LPCD is compiled by the Sound & Sigh Journal boss, who favours female vocals(8 out of 15 tracks). Last year's LPCD was compiled by the Hugo boss, with the intention to show case his LPCD.

The size of the show is smaller than last year.

Seriously, if you want to audition eqpt, it is better to go to their showrooms. It is just too crowded and noisy and the room acoustic is not good.

Saw some Grado for sales in MBD room.

Grado 60 - $100

Grado 80 - $150

Grado 125 - $220

I..Mine had lots of cracks and pops as well as distortions...

See, thats why they call it LP CD!!!! :)):lol:

Apologies to the vinyl crowd :D

Eh excuse me, a properly maintained LP ie washed and static free, will play as silently as a CD. :P

The pops and distortion may be inherent with the original master tapes. For instance, you won't hear a Charlie Parker masterpiece recorded in the 50s to sound as clean as a whistle. Read the CD track details for an insight of its recording date.

Edited by Mackie

Eh excuse me, a properly maintained LP ie washed and anti-static free, will play as silently as a CD. :P

The pops and distortion may be inherent with the original master tapes. For instance, you won't hear a Charlie Parker masterpiece recorded in the 50s to sound as clean as a whistle. Read the CD track details for an insight of its recording date.

Mackie, then I must have been listening to really bad vinyl setups all this time, even with present day LPs. Maybe their owners did not clean them? :))

This is an off-track but never mind... :)

I deem the following accessories as utterly necessary:

1. LP leaning machine such as a VPI 16.5

2. Anti-static gun - squeeze trigger for emission of positive electrons and release trigger for negative electrons, thus, neutralizing static on LP.

3. Stylus cleaner - I'm currently using the dry and gel base cleaner available at AudioNote.

Edited by Mackie