Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

iAudio U3 with Headamp, doesn't work?

hi guys,

i've been using my iAudio U3 with UM1s and they're doing good. however, i'm planning to use some earphones/headphones which could use a "boost". hehehe.

problem is, when i connect the portable headamps to my U3, it seems that the volume on my UM1s become softer even when i max out the headamp +player ! it is also the case when tested with someone elses UM2! i'm wondering what causes this? headamps tested: Xin, Meta42, PA2v2, "Crossroads". all have similar results of softer volume.

is it because the player isn't using a lineout but a headphone out?

can anyone with a U3 confirm this? or does anyone know why this happends?

any help is well appreciated!

cheers.

checked that too... i've used cardas/canare and some crappy stock one. same results.

I have this issue with my PPA and ms-1... But it is the gain of amp that caused the problem caused my PPA is spec for low Z headphones. By itself, U3 produced 60mw. of power, but the amp may not be able to produce that type of power since your is portable. So the issue is the amp.

But den Um1 shouldnt be used with amp when coupled with U3. The sensitivity of UM1 is enough to be powered loud enough. Unless your using a Ipod line out where a amp is really needed