Sign in to follow this  
aloy

everything about anything.

was just wondering whether to buy a new headphone or canal earphones. i've owned a pair of cresyn and shure e2c canal earphones. cresyn was good, then i bought shure e2c, thinking that it'll be as good. sadly, the shure e2c was not fitted for me. the med sleeves made my ear hurt as times, and the small was really too small. i was really disappointed.

now, i'm considering between sennheiser px200 or westone um1, which i got gd prices for, so cost is nt a factor. comfort is an important factor for me. i'm also using zen vision m. so i need help to find out which one is a better product for me.

Edited by aloy

*design student rant - typography mode*

Please do not bold the words like that, the sans serif typeface makes up for a very uneasy flow of text that is very unfriendly for typical reading, and the paragraph is congested as a whole.

*rant end*

The best way is to try out for yourself. IEMs are a hit and miss thing for many people, and the PX200 in general, works poorly as a noise isolation product with below par sound quality.

Go to either Jaben Networks or Stereo Electronics to test the different range of products out.

Guest joi-ful

Seeing that you're posting in 'Portable Audio', you're looking for something that's to be use on-the-go yea? I'd suggest the AKG K81DJ in that case then, it trashes both the PX200 and UM1 in terms of SQ.

Alternatively, you might wanna get a pair of entry level Grado's/Alessandro's for home usage and stick with the Cresyn for outdoor usage. The grado's are easily driven from portable sources and would be a great complement to the Cresyn.

but the um1 have relatively good ratings? what is the um1's strengths and their bad points? and what's the price of AKG K81DJ? or what other IEM or closed headphone will you recommend for a budget of below 150?

UM1

Good - Good mid-ranges, tight bass

Bad - Poor bass and treble extention

Of course though, if you compare them with other even higher end models, you'll see more weaknesses surfacing.

Guest joi-ful

The AKG K81Dj is your best bet, costing only $109 at SE (well within your budget). You can audition these cans ( UM1, K81DJ, Grado SR60 and a couple other IEMs).

Test them to know exactly what you like. I'm using the UM1 now, but I find it to lack details comapred to the K81DJ and the SR60. Nevertheless, compared to other IEMs under $200, the UM1 is a pretty good deal.

Don't worry, Aron (@ SE) will be more than happy to help you with the auditioning. SE has got nice and friendly service.

i wanna make my way down to SE, but it's kinda far from me. i live in the east, so it'll be very time-consuming to go to SE. i'm a student and my exams are round the corner, so i dont have much time to spare. =(

has anyone tried the AKG K26 P headphones before?

generally, are headphones better than earphones or the other way round?

Edited by aloy

i wanna make my way down to SE, but it's kinda far from me. i live in the east, so it'll be very time-consuming to go to SE. i'm a student and my exams are round the corner, so i dont have much time to spare. =(

good student, u are!

Anyway, if you are staying in Tampines.. it is relatively painless to take a breezing 40 min direct bus ride with 969 from Tampines Interchange to Woodlands Regional Interchange.

you can enjoy your music! Just make sure u get a seat first. :yeah:

i'm staying in eunos. any idea how to get there fast?

yup. anyone tried the akg k26 p headphones?