Sign in to follow this  
aloy

everything about anything.

Guest joi-ful

The K26Ps are rather fine, but I find they lack too much details to be taken too seriously. An okay competitor to the px200 imho. Honestly, I didn't quite like the sound signature it has so your mileage may vary. A friend of mine quite like it though... however he went with the K81DJ in the end despite its higher cost.

The general consensus is headphones give your better SQ-for-ur-buck than IEMs, if that helps.

hmmmm... i'll consider the k81dj, but it's seems uncommon. dont see it much on the net. yup. but since there's strong recommendations, i think i'll try it out. but for the um1, the comments are also generally good. hmmm.... so i'm down to um1 and k81dj to consider.

and my shure e2c wire tore when i placed them in the carry case. not sure whether i placed them correctly but it tore. is it possible to ask for repair, replace or anything?

anyone knows how to get to SE from eunos with a straight bus or something to get there real fast?

Edited by aloy

hmmmm... i'll consider the k81dj, but it's seems uncommon. dont see it much on the net. yup. but since there's strong recommendations, i think i'll try it out. but for the um1, the comments are also generally good. hmmm.... so i'm down to um1 and k81dj to consider.

and my shure e2c wire tore when i placed them in the carry case. not sure whether i placed them correctly but it tore. is it possible to ask for repair, replace or anything?

anyone knows how to get to SE from eunos with a straight bus or something to get there real fast?

ur e2 still under warranty? if yes, u can send to shure to repair... SE best is by MRT... haha

Through J&J. If your Shure is bought locally, shouldn't be a hassle, but if its imported, they're gonna give you lotsa problems.

it's bought locally i guess. hmm... any idea how i can contact J & J? like a tele number? can anybody help me out? this is urgent!

and the k81dj is supposed to be specifically designed for use at small clubs and parties, not really portable use? is the quality really superb?

Edited by aloy

i've tried the AKG81DJ

superb soundings for the price of it.

AKG26p is like looking small and compact but doing very well for basshead lovers.

was just wondering whether to buy a new headphone or canal earphones. i've owned a pair of cresyn and shure e2c canal earphones. cresyn was good, then i bought shure e2c, thinking that it'll be as good. sadly, the shure e2c was not fitted for me. the med sleeves made my ear hurt as times, and the small was really too small. i was really disappointed.

now, i'm considering between sennheiser px200 or westone um1, which i got gd prices for, so cost is nt a factor. comfort is an important factor for me. i'm also using zen vision m. so i need help to find out which one is a better product for me.

Hope you didn't use the Clear flex tips. Those hurt like HELL.

The grey ones should fit best.

Through J&J. If your Shure is bought locally, shouldn't be a hassle, but if its imported, they're gonna give you lotsa problems.

I think it's E&E, the sole distributor for shure in singapore:

E&E :

285 Outram Road, Singapore 169069

Main Line: 65 6223 5873

Fax: 65 6225 3709

Email: enepl@enepl.com.sg

and the k81dj is supposed to be specifically designed for use at small clubs and parties, not really portable use? is the quality really superb?

k81DJ is designed for bedroomDJ mixing usage. Not too useful in clubs, maybe small pubs lol. It's bigger brother, k181DJ is the club version anyway.

Portabilty isn't an issue with the k81. It's 32ohm and drives well from the headphone out of both my ipod and pcdp. It doesn't require an amp and amping it makes little difference.

The k81 imho beats most cans under $200 for closed designs. It's imaging and soundstaging is superb (for closed cans). Bass is hugh and depending on the music, can be good and bad. I hate bass, but when traveling, the bass sounds kinda good when travelling in noisy mrts and buses. It's my choice for portable usage versus the MS1/k701 for home/work. In short, the k81 is 80% of MS1 + BASS unampped.

I tried a bose triport at work today, and I understand why people like'em. It's like having subs on the go! The bass on the k81Dj is about 70% of the triports (damn and I thought the k81 was too much). but unfortunately, the triports sounds like cheap $20 cans in other aspect. No depth, no staging and sounds muffled.

Edited by viix

Triports have the good point of comfort and extreme brand recognition. Everyone wants a piece of BOSE. They do have some good branding, that makes them the desirable, yet rather out-of-reach brand which adds to their allure...

the SQ of shure e2c wasnt that fantastic, unless i never put it in properly. and what grey sleeves? is it included? i'm using the clear flex and it hurts.

so in other words, the k81dj is a very good buy with very good SQ? and it's cool if it's real portable. any reviews on it? wanna know aboyut it's bass, clarity comfort and sound isolation. are they good? and portability should not be a problem looking at the comments.

i'm still a newb so bound to ask more questions. sorry. is akg a good brand? cause my friends like never really heard of AKG before?

does anybody know whether the bus 966 goes anywhere near SE?

and thanks for the e&e's contact and address!

Edited by aloy

I've tried the K27i and K81DJ at SE some time back. In my opinion, it's a no-contest, K81DJ is much better sounding.

K27i's cups are small, around PX200 size which means how they sound depends on how they fit. For me, the sound was unimpressive. Loud, loose and lackluster. Flimsy-feeling construction doesn't help. Furthermore, the premium charged for these phones for simply being ipod-white is, imo, ridiculous. The only positive, to me, is that it's small enough to be truly portable.