Sign in to follow this  
aloy

everything about anything.

I was considering MS1s, but after reading this thread and others at headfi, I'm leaning towards K81DJs. How do they compare side-to-side low-mid-highs? Sorry, its a bit off topic... :P

edit: Anyone tried the K181DJ? Are they same price/spec/size/sound?

Edited by norseman

If you really wanna know, try it for yourself. Views are always subjective so I advise you to take it with a pinch of salt for now. The lack of input on the DJs implies few owners or even none from this forum.

icic... still cant find time to get down to SE and to get down to shure to repair my earphones. hmmm... and still wanna find the perfect headphone for 150.

I was considering MS1s, but after reading this thread and others at headfi, I'm leaning towards K81DJs. How do they compare side-to-side low-mid-highs? Sorry, its a bit off topic... :P

edit: Anyone tried the K181DJ? Are they same price/spec/size/sound?

One k181 can buy 2 or maybe 3-4 k81 DJs. The price at hung bros was quite a turn off I remembered. And they are hugh. So k81 is bang for buck. MS1s is definately better, but for portable use, k81's closed design makes for more enjoyable listening in noisy environments.

Edited by viix

hung bros price are quite expensive? they'll selling k81 for 199? while SE is selling at 109? SE is so much better than hung bros!

I think this has been mentioned before, but I think it bears repeating: Don't fall into hype and buy any earphones without auditioning it first. Unless you're talking about throwaway cheapies. I don't know about you, but anything over $100 is a lot of money :P

People's impressions and comments should just give you an indication. Music interpretation is so inherently subjective that any description is essentially useless. For example, what is "sweet midrange", or "bloated bass" or "musical", if you don't have a basis of reference? Some guys may swear by the sound of a particular brand or model of a headphone, but you may not necessarily like it :P

A very simple example: Some folks in sgheadphones really like the UE's. I auditioned them, but did not really care for their sound. But it's just me - I claim to speak for nobody else :P

Edited by scanfiend

MS1s is definately better, but for portable use, k81's closed design makes for more enjoyable listening in noisy environments.

What do you mean better? In what ways? I don't really mind whether its closed or open design, just want something that sounds best for my type of music. Was gonna go for MS1s but heard the DJs are better for all round music and its bass is great for chill, electronica and DnB, which is what I listen to most.

True that MS1s have better detail? Heard they're more biased to the mids and highs...

I would really love to pop in and audition all these cans, but I'm currently studying in KL, on my final sem, and popping in means a 6 hour trip each way at least. So the best I can do now is find the most widely-regarded cans in my budget and get my sis to pick them up for me since she's still in Sg studying at NTU. Sigh, the life of a broke college boy...

The closed design allows it to reduce the noise level heard. Somewhat like IEMs, just less effective (sorry for the biased view :P).

The closed design allows it to reduce the noise level heard. Somewhat like IEMs, just less effective (sorry for the biased view :P).

I agree with it! You can't isolate the Induction of environment sound passing through the area at back of your ears, your cheek bones and your forehead. Close headphones will reduce the problems around the ear. However, nothing can be done to eliminate induction through your cheekbones and forehead. :DD

Not factoring the isolation, which is not important to me as I use UM1s when I'm out and about, which cans (MS1, K81DJ) sound better for the type of music I listen to (chill, electronica, DnB plus a lil' rock)?

Guest Rudi

I still use canal earphones from time to time but they are simply put bad for your ears.

Ears simply need ventilation. I am considering open cans for outside now