Sign in to follow this  
kenshin_himura

UM1

The seal on my ear with the biflange is perfect. Vacuum sealing + great comfort.

Inner sleeve turns inside out on removal, and a slight pop occurs. Keep in mind that the biflange isn't designed for smaller ears however.

From thread digging, this is how I made the BiFlange fit on the E4:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4703

possible on UM1?

' date='21 Aug 2006, 10:12 PM' post='74968']

For the UM1, I think u need to do this.

Get a normal orange/yellow soft tip, then cut it off for half of it? (need some help here, just speculating)

Then u cover that with the largest flap of the triflange so that it holds it in shape.

Then u will have a great seal.

Pain or fatiguing I'm not sure.

But as they always say. "No pain no gain!" :D

but i am afriad the seal will not be that gd.. btw i feel that when i use foamies.. the sounds sounds muffled..like the holes is being blked off.

^

I'll take it that that's with the Complys.

I get that problem when using the complys as well. Apparently, its most likely that the ridges on the 'M' bore exit design of the comply to be touching the ear canal wall (some of our ear canals are in a 'Z' shape) that lies in the middle of the 'Z', creating the muffled sound. The Shure Yellow Foams or the Ety Black Foams shouldn't have this problem.

i see wow didn't noe that canals have "Z" shapes...lol hmm guess i will make a trip to hung bros or jaben to get some ear tips coz complys are seriously getting on my nerves... hope someone at jaben can help me

i see wow didn't noe that canals have "Z" shapes...lol hmm guess i will make a trip to hung bros or jaben to get some ear tips coz complys are seriously getting on my nerves... hope someone at jaben can help me

HAHHAHA ... get customs then ... those are of perfect fit ...

' date='22 Aug 2006, 12:01 AM' post='74992']

List price is $199...

But that is for the UM56s.

Real price?

I dont know, u have to ask Uncle Wilson, and u have to see which group u belong to. :D

uncle wilson?? who is he?? forgive me for my ignorance :blush:

man uncle wilson is indeed veri friendly... like a frenz :)) .. just bought a tri flanges from him... and he also gave me some advice to put it on ( thx uncle wilson ).. however i have a little prob.. to those who uses tri flanges.. do u feel as if the ear canal is sore for the first time??... and when i use uncle's method of putting the tri flanges.. after i pull back the ear and insert the flanges as deep as possible... when i release my ear.. it feels as if its not properly placed... but i insert as deep as i could... help here??? THX

man uncle wilson is indeed veri friendly... like a frenz :)) .. just bought a tri flanges from him... and he also gave me some advice to put it on ( thx uncle wilson ).. however i have a little prob.. to those who uses tri flanges.. do u feel as if the ear canal is sore for the first time??... and when i use uncle's method of putting the tri flanges.. after i pull back the ear and insert the flanges as deep as possible... when i release my ear.. it feels as if its not properly placed... but i insert as deep as i could... help here??? THX

Once the Triflange is seasoned, you won't even feel its there. If you got problem inserting, use some water and moist the flange before inserting.