Sign in to follow this  
[J]-ohn

Ultimate link cables

I bought a little dot 2months ago but can't help thinking if there was something wrong with my ears or the amp, because my bass got leaner and treble got harsher which to me is a downgrade instead of a upgrade. Suspecting all this could be due to the stock cable, I change them to the cardas HP-I ($28).

The Cardas HP-I seems highly recommanded by headfi members and I know cardas cables as I'm personally using the Golden cross speaker cable in my hifi setup. My first impression of the HP-I is treble roll off, making volin solo more bearable but piano music dead. After 2 tracks, I decide I should sleep and continue my review tomorrow. ( Hoping they will sound better tomorrow)

Bought the portable setup to work the next day to do a full test on my ipod video. Classical music sure don't sound as dynamic, missing macro details and a significant drop in soundstage. Rock music sounded better, higher volume minus the harsh treble plus a slight bass boost. Jazz vocal suffers from over laid back character, making almost every singer sound distant. New age music like the grand canyon sounded less dynamic...... hai...... what happen? My ears are failing me? or the amp sucks big time? ( refuse to believe Cardas make lousy cables....haha)

Yesterday night, I was at Stereo and Aron suggest I try the Ultimate link. Told him my situation and I end up taking the Black emperor which according to Aron is a good match with the Little dot. I bought it. Crazy, I know but I was in a buying mood..... itchy backside.....but the cable look so good......still itchy backside lol

Right now I'm burning in the cables, but man.... even before the burn in it sounds good. At least, I'm starting to like the little dot, gald its not an impuse purchase. Will post more after the burn in.

Above statement based on personal perference and liking, please do not flame me. :P

I tried the Ultimate Link Black Emperor and Lady Misty last Sunday with my iPod Nano w/ lineout dock and Crossroads amp. Personally, for 10 bucks more, I'd rather take the Black Emperor.

I tried the Ultimate Link Black Emperor and Lady Misty last Sunday with my iPod Nano w/ lineout dock and Crossroads amp. Personally, for 10 bucks more, I'd rather take the Black Emperor.

Mind posting some pics if possible? =)

Wld like to take a look at it..

i also tried the black emperor and it was really good. but this cable itself cost more than the ldm+ already haha.

how much is the black emperor?

:cans:

i'm using LDM+ with Ultimate Link Lady Misty custom made by Aron.

i'm using the line out from Creative Zen Vision.

i'm missing bass here. Its there but the high treble seems to have covered the bass...

i'm bass heavy person listening more to hip hop, techno, rock/metal, r&b and bossa nova...

wats wrong with my setup?

Maybe you should change for the Black emperor. Just bring back for an exchange but call or PM before coming down cos I'm low on stocks for the black emperor.

I would like to add that Lady misty is a very neutral cable and would pair off better with a quality amp, bringing out everything the source intend. For a less perfect amp like little dot, the black emperor work wonders. Still I suggest an audition to experience the difference.

' date='21 Aug 2006, 02:42 PM' post='74851']

Aron, do u have pictures of all your cables?

Would really like to know how the Lady Misty and Black Emperor looks like.

I'm sure it would be better for your sales too.

:drool: on Lady Misty I will :D

Will have pictures later, for now you might have to drop by to see yourself. B)

i'm using LDM+ with Ultimate Link Lady Misty custom made by Aron.

i'm using the line out from Creative Zen Vision.

i'm missing bass here. Its there but the high treble seems to have covered the bass...

i'm bass heavy person listening more to hip hop, techno, rock/metal, r&b and bossa nova...

wats wrong with my setup?

Yes, indeed, you should try Black Emperor if you are looking for bass.

Mind posting some pics if possible? =)

Wld like to take a look at it..

I didn't have a camera when I was there. But I am certain that the quality of the cables are very good. But the plugs are a little too large for my liking, since LDM+/Crossroads doesn't have much space and the cables are not flexible enough. But for the sound, it's pretty worth their price. Go down to SE and mix and match and see which cable is for you. Then you can examine the cables to your hearts content.

Dun worry about flexibility, all cables yoga certified. :)

Yoga certified. :party:

Edited by Proton