Sign in to follow this  
kenshin_himura

Rock Bands to recommend?

Not sure if they are rock bands... but anione can intro other bands like yellowcard, all american rejects, green dae and such bands... i uv hearing those drums :))

Rock with great drummings...

Try "The Who"...their old albums when Keith Moon was still alive...one of the greatest rock drummers ever lived.

Or..."Led Zeppelin"...with John Bonham (who is said by many to be the greatest ever).

Guest jacj6049

Beyond,Stratovarius,hei bao,dou wei,lao lang,tang chao,zhang zhen yue,live,lemonhead,

Progressive Rock/Art Rock "Yes" & early "Genesis"

My personal favorites:

1) Linkin Park :party:

2) Audio Slave

3) Dream Theater (not for the faint of heart) lol! :smoke:

4) Nickleback

5) Creed

6) Incubus

If you are referring to metal as well when you say rock, and dont mind growling vocals, I would seriously recommend Opeth... my favourite band ever. Not to mention that Martin Lopez has a pretty unique drumming style of his own. I second Dream Theater if you like complex drumming.

If you're into extreme stuff, I would recommend Meshuggah as well =D Those guys are technical geniuses.

Classic rock wise, one more vote from me for Led Zeppelin, especially their first four albums. I would recommend Queen as well, might like to try their albums A Night at the Opera and A Day at the Races. Deep Purple would be great too, especially their earlier work when Ritchie Blackmore was still around. There's also, ACDC, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Iron Maiden, Rush, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, which have all also been mentioned before I guess >_<

If you like punk rock maybe you could try The Clash album called London Calling, although it's not much of my thing. Can't say much about the modern rock scene either, as I'm not particularly fond of it =(

Edited by Chewbaka