Sign in to follow this  
kenshin_himura

portable players

to my style does not matter that much as compared to SQ.... but ipod's batt is something quite bothering...

i would like to buy a player with large capacity ..preferably 20G and above.. is iriver h320 gd compared to ipod vid in terms of SQ?

I believe the H320 would definitely be better, especially if you use the optical out, paired off with a decent DAC and amp.

I believe the H320 would definitely be better, especially if you use the optical out, paired off with a decent DAC and amp.

H320 does not have Optical Out....

it only has Line Out....

it is H120 then hav Optical Out.....

hmm....you did not really mention your budget. I am now using the iAudio X5L. It's a 30gb player with a 35 hr (quoted) battery life. In practice, it averages about a week and a half between recharges (2hrs a day - I use it to commute to work).

SQ is very good....provided you lay off the pre-built EQ settings and use the BBE settings to tweak your sound.

Shoot, another double post... Internet seems to be rather laggy today, clicked on the submit post twice...

Edited by aaron-xp

Sorry, my mistake...

Which DAP, other than the H120, has optical out? Seems like the optical out function is rather rare, given that few use it.

Hi,

can someone tell me wat is optical out, line-out , true line-out....?.....is it to transfer music eg. frm cd player to mp3?...and wat happens if dn't have this line out? Thks...

Hi,

can someone tell me wat is optical out, line-out , true line-out....?.....is it to transfer music eg. frm cd player to mp3?...and wat happens if dn't have this line out? Thks...

Optical line out enables you to have the music pumped out to a Digital Audio Convertor via optical cables. Lineo-out lets you connect the player to an amp. If you have no line-out on your player, you will have to settle with connecting to the amp through your headphone out.

thks...but i still a lil' confused...so if i dn't have an optical line out, any other way to transfer the music over to a dap?....It cn only have either one, nt both rite?

Edited by filthfate

thks...but i still a lil' confused...so if i dn't have an optical line out, any other way to transfer the music over to a dap?....It cn only have either one, nt both rite?

Hmm, think you are confusing us too. What to you intend to do? Transfer music from your pc to your dap? or connect your dap to an amp?

Hmm, think you are confusing us too. What to you intend to do? Transfer music from your pc to your dap? or connect your dap to an amp?

transfer music frm cd player to dap?... like how cd player to md player works?

transfer music frm cd player to dap?... like how cd player to md player works?

Assuming your md player has a recording function, connect the lineout from your cd player to the line in of your md player. If the cd player has no line out, then use the headphone out, but you would probably need to figure out what volume should the cd player be on for optimal recording purposes.

Edited by Malefic

The music is not transfer but it is rip real time when uses MD. Unless you uses pro MD recorder, the audio is rip and compress.

Using line-in recording would cause some lost of details.

Edited by jasonhanjk