MiniDisc Players.

Other than that I can't think of any.

Try Googling bah..

I wonder did Mackie ever realise this:

Panasonic SL-CT720 has optical out. :doh:

MiniDisc Players.

Other than that I can't think of any.

Try Googling bah..

Had tried searching "optical out MP3" but only could find the H120...

Just looked at the Panasonic SL-CT720... Seems decent, to say the very least.

EDIT: Most manufacturers don't even bother listing "digital out" or "optical out" aat all in the item specifications...

Edited by aaron-xp

I find that initial start up the optical light will lit. After that would just dim and back to headphone mode. You need to play CD in order for it to work as written in the manual.

Edited by jasonhanjk

There is 2 port.

One for headphone out.

2nd is line-out and optical out. It is shared.

Edit. Optical out will only work for CD audio. No MP3.

Edited by jasonhanjk

Most Sony PCDPs after the launch of the Minidisc players/recorders will have an optical line out. Most CDPs will have an optical line out too.

Yes, jasonhanjk is correct. You'll see a red light in the optical line out but I forgot when will it be lit. I think its when you plug in a optical cable. The optical cable should have a small 'glass' tip at the end of the 3.5mm plug. I used to have them but lost already. If not, I can check.

There is 2 port.

One for headphone out.

2nd is line-out and optical out. It is shared.

Edit. Optical out will only work for CD audio. No MP3.

Errr... I have the glass optical fiber (toslink) but I don't think I can connect it to the CT-720. Do I miss anything? :unsure:

Errr... I have the glass optical fiber (toslink) but I don't think I can connect it to the CT-720. Do I miss anything? :unsure:

Those toslink and coaxial connectors are for full sized CDPs and MD decks etc. For PCDPs' optical out and PMDP's line in, its a 3.5mm plug. (like a earphone one and pictured above) The optical line out is also a normal line out, so you can use with normal mini-mini IC to an amp.

I got my cable from Sony long time back. They should still have them or you can try Panny or other makes.

Edited by afbug

yes, I usually use the line out to mini-mini IC and to an amp. Have not tried its optical out, curious.

I don't have a DAC to try out. I can DIY but need to really design the digital circuit properly otherwise the sound would screw up. :bash:

Hmmm.... Maybe after I completed 2 "projects" first... :whistle:

I did tried using my panasonic PCDP optical out to my recording SHarp MD and play the CD using the DAC in the Sharp MD player it sound much better then the ripped track in the recorded MDs. :P