dev d bhatt

Want some advice on SONY MDR-7506

Hey guys, im an amateur producer looking to get some monitoring headphones.

i was thinking of SONY MDR 7506 but however i infer that they have been around

for some time. Should i still get those or are there any newer/better headphones

available in their price range? ($150-200)

Thanks!!!

Regards,

dev

P.s. this forum is a godsent! never knew such a community existed locally! hail to google loLZ!!

What are you monitoring, may i ask? Audio or video? I own a pair of MDR-7506 myself.

Sony MDR-7056 is one of the better cans in the Sony line-up for under S$250. However I personally prefer the Beyer DT-150 - better built and better (more accurate) sound.

Edited by Rameish

If you can, I would get a hold of something like a Grado SR125 except those are open.

The MDR-V6 (or 7506) are fine if they're comfortable for you.

I highly recommend Beyer DT150. Believe me, this can has resolution which the 7506 can't beat. I could easily discern the sizes of concert halls with different classical recordings; just an indication of its prowess in the detail department. U could turn professional with it.

Edited by Mackie

Given the pricerange that he specified.. he may not be able to afford it.

mdr 7506 is very gd for tt budget.

i've tried it out at my part time and attachment production company

and also my fren's studio.

gd and decent pair of monitoring headphone.

my friend is going to singapore this week.. anyone knows where i could buy a pair of Sony MDR-7506 heaphones? how much are they selling there?

Seriously, go with the 2 lao jiaos advice. The beyer 150 is light years ahead of the sony in terms of accuracy. As for nsjongs advice on the grados, i would disagree as grados are pretty heavily colored. Hes using it for critical listening, so the grados are definately out. But i have to say the grados are terrific for rocking out.

Edited by papaya86

Seriously, go with the 2 lao jiaos advice. The beyer 150 is light years ahead of the sony in terms of accuracy. As for nsjongs advice on the grados, i would disagree as grados are pretty heavily colored. Hes using it for critical listening, so the grados are definately out. But i have to say the grados are terrific for rocking out.

thanks.. :D

i know the Sony MDr-7506 is not the best headphones out there.. but i've worked with these headphones before.. and I kinda missed using it so thats why i'm looking for one.. :)

Btw, how much are the beyer DT150?

I havent been in touch with headphones and head-fi for a long time, but from what i remember its about 350-400 brand new, back then. You need good amplification though.