Sign in to follow this  
gevo

health issues

hello people, i was just wondering if there are any adverse health risks in wearing those IEM/canalphones for too long? the ear is connected to the eustachian tubes so i was wondering...

I think a bit of common sense and personal hygeine goes a long way. If you have any form of ear injury, don't wear IEM's. Listen to your music at sensible volumes. Also, keep the tips of the IEM's clean. Some guys wash the tips with hydrogen peroxide, but it seems too much work for me :P

I just bought some alcohol swabs from Guardian Pharmacy. Nice, clean and convenient in packet form. Just give your hard tips a wipe down once in a while and you're set.

Edited by scanfiend

ok, i see. is there no gaseous exchange between the middle ear to the outside atmosphere? as in is the middle ear hermetically sealed other than through the eustachian tubes which are usually closed?

Haha.. it's just the habit of some people. I have read an article before that a adult pinched his nose when he sneezed hard, pop his left ear drum. Very sad isn't it?

On another view, won't they get phlgem up their eustachian tube? :wacko:

hello people, i was just wondering if there are any adverse health risks in wearing those IEM/canalphones for too long? the ear is connected to the eustachian tubes so i was wondering...

Should be o.k if u don't listened to high volume ( Outside also can hear ).

Feel uncomfortable for me, that's why I used a headphone. Of course there is always pros & cons.