Sign in to follow this  
Guest joi-ful

Cd player

TO me there is no way a DAP can win a decent CD player in SQ... perhaps you need a proper decent CD player to let you sit throught all yr CD albums. Also get a decent inexpensive tube amp like LD2+ or XS708B..

Edited by nakedtoes

It need not be an expensive excercise. I have a entry level Marantz CD4000 CD player. Cost me all of $180+ I think, brand new. I got the gold model because it looked more bling :D Gave me many years of pleasurable listening. Hook up a nice little amp like the Firestone Class-A Beyond via RCA to RCA and you're pretty much set.

Trouble with this setup is that you're pretty much tethered in one place. If you want portability, you could get a PCDP with a good line-out for your amp and your headphones. Trouble is, PCDP's seem to be a dying breed, being rapidly replaced with DAP's of all kinds. I remember just a few years ago, you'll be spoilt for choice with all the different models from the major manufacturers like Sony, Panasonic, et el. Now you can hardly find more than 2-3 models.

I'm still using a Sony PCDP for my pre-bedtime listening :)) Hooked up to a GoVide V5 headphone amp and the AKG K601, and it still sounds damned good!