Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Ms1, A700, AD700

Hi i was wondering wads the difference in sound for these headphones and which are best for punchy bass and clear highs. And wad's the diff. between the open AD700'd and the closed A700's? cuz the AD's costs a tad more. :bash:

I listen to prog rock, jazz and some classical pieces.

Btw, are they the best headphones in this price range? thx :D

Edited by That dude

MS1 is able to deliver jazz and classical, it will sound clear highs more than you require :)) but not so much on punchy bass.

No comment on audio technicas as i have noy heard them before.

For me the best headphones in this price range is Grado SR60, coz i can't hear the diff between SR60, SR80 and MS1 :helpsmilie:

But best is to head down and listen to your ear!

Happy listening :cans:

Edited by red

Only your ears can decide the best headphone for any price. But you seems to be on the right track, given your wants.

It's cause i'm kind of new in the headphone world. So i was wondering if these headphones are good to start with, and will make me not really feel the need to upgrade for a while. LOL. I almost wanted to go for the k81's, but they are too bassy and the upper end loss all the details. Their also very uncomfortable.

Closed design will have more bass volume than open design which generally sounds more balanced in other aspects of sound. Therefore, I won't be surprise if you eventually pick AD700 over A700.

Closed design will have more bass volume than open design which generally sounds more balanced in other aspects of sound. Therefore, I won't be surprise if you eventually pick AD700 over A700.

AD700 is available in some strange shades of purple. . . not something that everyone can accept.

I would have gotten the ad700 instead of the ad500 if its not in purple.

It's cause i'm kind of new in the headphone world. So i was wondering if these headphones are good to start with, and will make me not really feel the need to upgrade for a while. LOL. I almost wanted to go for the k81's, but they are too bassy and the upper end loss all the details. Their also very uncomfortable.

Looks like you already know what you want. The only question now is WHICH. It's better to go try ALL the cans at Jaben or Stereo with whatever sources you will listen it with and decide for yourself. Classical is a genre where many have differing taste when it comes to cans to pair with.

Haha, ok. I noe this.. it's just that i have no time to go down and try, i just wanted to ask around for some phones that might suit me so i can make my testing sessionn a worthwhile one. I live far from se also. *redhill.. But i'm going there on friday at round 6+ to test them out. *silently prays that i can afford them by tomorrow. lol :DD

Edited by That dude