Sign in to follow this  
squalle

Altec Lansing iM716

im716 is not a clone. it have heavier bass than er4. it diffinately most value for $ IEM out there you can find the price is the same as i bought months ago.

squalle,i think that person is me.......hahaz

ASked him to help me remove the clip=on Volume control causes really cant stand it puting the wires infront when wearing it....

Wanted to place the Volume Control at the bottom instead so i could wear it the Shure way with the wires at the back(or seperate it with the wires like a wire extender .....Just connect it if i wan to use HD mode)

The Er4 unamp sounds better when compared to my im716 unamp....(tested a forumer's Er4)

Really like how the ER4 sounded.....

Im716 sounded alot like ER4 when amped......

Edited by dle4e_2005

for me, i'd rather get the real deal and go for the er4's. IF money is of no concern. :D

If money is of no concern,i would already get E500 with Custom or um10/56..... :party:

Edited by dle4e_2005

lol OT already.

no money, else its es3 with customized customs lol

Edited by ahdui

ER4 price in Amazon is 2.5times of IM716 price in Amazon.....

But Im716 sounded good for its price.........

The ER4 sound sounded real good but i dont think it would be worth for me to pay another $160 to upgrade to ER4 which does not offer me enough different in sounding{very minor but more warmth and larger soundstage} with Im716 ........

Now the price of IM716 is Sing $120 at Amazon(exclusive of shipping) {Now is cheaper by Sing $25 of what i paid}

Edited by dle4e_2005

haha... it still the same price as i bought. so no lost i made. anyway, as far as the sound concern, im716 is the best value for $ IEM you can get. it sound quality is in the range of SF5p, E4, Er4p. which IEM in this price range can come close to those stated?

haha... it still the same price as i bought. so no lost i made. anyway, as far as the sound concern, im716 is the best value for $ IEM you can get. it sound quality is in the range of SF5p, E4, Er4p. which IEM in this price range can come close to those stated?

sf5p... i dun think so... listen again...

:yeah:

Taken from Westone website.

"Please Note: The ES3 features an intentional bump in the midrange frequency response that is of great benefit to vocalists and guitarists who perform onstage. Therefore, the ES3 is not the best choice for listening to recorded music. If this is your goal, you'll be more interested in the ES2 or ES1."

You guys sure you want this for the sound? I believe the UE10 is more suitable if you wanna go custom. Anyway triple drivers IEMs are not necessarily better than dual drivers IEMs. It all depends on what you are looking for. I guess many of us are aiming for the UE10 Pro just for ego rather than for the sound.. it'll be a costly mistake if it turns out bad, cos it has got no resale value.

i go 4 bass, so if i have $$$ i would go 4 Um2... cos the bass is deep haha, but currently no $$, so hab to stick wif my ep630... heard that the im716 hab a tight bass which i dun like...

:grin: