Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

How does my CLONE PPA sound like...

haha...really a nice one as i said. Thanks again Blues...if not for u i wouldn't know such a nice place like SGH. Yup, i would try my very best and hard to pick up skill bit by bit and need to come here more often. just afraid that , by doing so would affect my studies here?? tongue.gif

but i really like headphones to speakers. hehe.... i have lot of fun here headphone.gif

mychew,

just look at me . Average of 2 hours everyday at SGH.. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Nice one smile.gif at least somebody is standingat my side. By the way, the CMOY is not suitable for my HD 202. This is what i was told by jtfoo. He said an Apheared 47 (i think this is the correct name) would be much more better. But when talking about jason's clone PPA, he suggest me to go for it, coz it can really help much more than what A 47 and CMOY can do.

There're some slight technical stuff that might be helpful to know is future, like why a cmoy can't drive low impedance headphone properly. Low impedance headphone draws more current and single opamp like the common OPA2132 or 2134 could not make it. That's why in our correspondance I don't recommned a cmoy for your headphone. A A47 would be better with it's current boost.

And why I suggest you should audition Jason's PPA first is because the PPA's design is better than the A47. The PPA design has 4 buffers in parallel per channel so it can drive many headphones easily.

If you're buying diy amps, sometime a little technical knowledge is helpful or else you might have a mismatch between the amp and headphone.

jtfoo,

Clear enough smile.gif Thanks jtfoo. Thanks for your technical knowledge. But for what i know from jason, i think his PPA only has 3 buffers. I wonder this can drive my headphone well enough?But meanwhile, still need to wait to do the audition and listen to the results first.

Blues,

Yup, i did spend hours of time here. hehe, would i pick up new knowledge by just reading through?think need to digest a bit before i make them my own knowledge tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

jtfoo,

Clear enough smile.gif Thanks jtfoo. Thanks for your technical knowledge. But for what i know from jason, i think his PPA only has 3 buffers. I wonder this can drive my headphone well enough?But meanwhile, still need to wait to do the audition and listen to the results first.

One buffer per channel is more than enough to drive low impedance headphone. The PPA's design is taking it to the extreme by having 4 buffers per channel, making a total of 8 buffers for a stereo.

Oh...u really know a lot. i really learn a lot from u. do u have any sites for further information?thanks

Mat's Meta has quad EL2002 output buffers per channel!

Mat's Meta has quad EL2002 output buffers per channel!

Mat's Meta42 must be a maxed out version I guess..

I just realised after looking at the PPA's site that it requires 12 buffers. Additional 4 buffers for gnd channel. Wonder how does the additonal gnd channel improves overall?

nope. 1 buffer per channel. That is why I can sell you so low.

If 4 buffer per channel will be total of 12 buffer. That is nearly $100... blink.gif

3, read my first post. If the actual PPA arrives, I will upgrade your's to the actual one free. Cost for parts not included... lol.giflol.giflol.gif