Sign in to follow this  
heady

Building the amp5

i am thinking whether to make rca out or use a hybrid mini to rca cable, what do you think heady? If i make rca sockets, I might as well take the whole thing out since it is impossible to do soldering inside the case.

i am thinking whether to make rca out or use a hybrid mini to rca cable, what do you think heady? If i make rca sockets, I might as well take the whole thing out since it is impossible to do soldering inside the case.

Personally I'd prefer RCA. You would still need to get the PCB out to solder the wires for the RCA or mini anyway ;)

Regards

CK

Yah, kross, do the RCA better. Do you mean make a cable with mini to RCA and then you can plug into the headphone out and the RCA to the amp? Also can but purists will say too many connectors. But never mind, if you are sick of removing and putting back the SOHA then do this way.

Yah, kross, do the RCA better. Do you mean make a cable with mini to RCA and then you can plug into the headphone out and the RCA to the amp? Also can but purists will say too many connectors. But never mind, if you are sick of removing and putting back the SOHA then do this way.

ya, i am thinking of a mini to rca....even if i add in rca sockets i would also need interconnects i think. oh, am i read that you got an extra kit...maybe when i am done with my current one and I am very satisfied I might get tat extra one from you.

Cheers!

ya, i am thinking of a mini to rca....even if i add in rca sockets i would also need interconnects i think. oh, am i read that you got an extra kit...maybe when i am done with my current one and I am very satisfied I might get tat extra one from you.

Cheers!

I am not selling it!!! :))

Cheers!

Kross, complete one first lah! Just do a plain AMP5 with 1 input and a passive volume pot like me first. :)

Regards

CK

heady...digging up this old thread.

i am looking for options to upgrade from my current Trends 10.1 amp. I find the Trends amp is loud enough but work hard to drive the bookshelf. So I'm thinking whether amp 5 or amp 10 will be able to do a better job and can be used if I upgrade my speakers later. :drool:

Or...do you have any other recommendations? :grin:

Tried to look for tube amp too but not sure I really want to go that path yet!! :doh:

heady...digging up this old thread.

i am looking for options to upgrade from my current Trends 10.1 amp. I find the Trends amp is loud enough but work hard to drive the bookshelf. So I'm thinking whether amp 5 or amp 10 will be able to do a better job and can be used if I upgrade my speakers later. :drool:

Or...do you have any other recommendations? :grin:

Tried to look for tube amp too but not sure I really want to go that path yet!! :doh:

I have been using my AMP5 for over a year now, driving my 86dB/W/m Usher S520s. They sound pretty darn good. It should be able to work well for you unless you have super low sensitivity speakers.

Regards

CK