Sign in to follow this  
saiga

Headphone for $100

I'm looking for a headphone with budget around $100.Browse this forum and some others and finally

come down with this model Audio Technica ES5 (at $93).However i also notice that there wireless headphone Audio Technica CL350 (at $77) and Audio Technica CL550 (at $100) at this price tag.How about the sond quality compared to AT ES5?Tried to find review one these two wireless heaphone but cannot find one :( Anyone have experience with them?

I more to "hard" music and others model recommended is welcome too as long dosen't exceed $100 :))

Go to Stereo Electronics or Jaben(not sure whether they have these models), try them out for yourself and see which one you like most. Can ask them to recommend other phones within your budget also.

some recommendations

u can try out the..

- koss ksc75?

- akg 26p?

- sennheiser px100?

- akg k66

Go to Stereo Electronics or Jaben(not sure whether they have these models), try them out for yourself and see which one you like most. Can ask them to recommend other phones within your budget also.

bro,can tell me where both store located?

Guest joi-ful

bro,can tell me where both store located?

Hey dude, you can easily check this up by simply looking at SE or Jaben or Bluetin's signatures.... They're the audio dealers of this forums, under 'Announcements/Offers'. Being new doesn't give you the right to be lazy. :bash: Anyway, here's a link for you: http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showforum=15

Hey dude, you can easily check this up by simply looking at SE or Jaben or Bluetin's signatures.... They're the audio dealers of this forums, under 'Announcements/Offers'. Being new doesn't give you the right to be lazy. :bash: Anyway, here's a link for you: http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showforum=15

Thanks a lot :grin: .Now learning the Singapore map,hehe

But still not sure which model to get :helpsmilie:

I'm looking for a headphone with budget around $100.Browse this forum and some others and finally

come down with this model Audio Technica ES5 (at $93).However i also notice that there wireless headphone Audio Technica CL350 (at $77) and Audio Technica CL550 (at $100) at this price tag.How about the sond quality compared to AT ES5?Tried to find review one these two wireless heaphone but cannot find one :( Anyone have experience with them?

I more to "hard" music and others model recommended is welcome too as long dosen't exceed $100 :))

Hi Saiga,

'Hard' music... and $100...how about a senn hd200 or hd201 or hd497? :yes:

some recommendations

u can try out the..

- koss ksc75?

- akg 26p?

- sennheiser px100?

- akg k66

Hi AhDui,

The TS wants 'Hard' music, maybe big and oversize hp will do the job, your recommendations not 'Hard' enough. :grin:

There is quite a number of choices from Sennheiser under a hundred buck.

there why i'm so cofused :wacko: .hoping to get the best i can get for $100...

I would go for some CLOSED cans...something like the ES5/ES7, or if you can, just bump your budget a little bit more and get the K81dj...I got a pair from Jaben for my bro and I think he likes it...

check out this thread for some comparisions:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....ht=k81dj+review

Bro,thanks so much for the link.Nice indeed :thumbup: .Look like the K81dj is better than ES5 but i seems that the K81dj is harder to drive compared to ES5.Maybe need to fork extra $$ to get a headphone amp.Btw,how much did you paid for it (K81dj) ?

Guest joi-ful

I can vouch for the fact that you can drive the AKG K81DJ easily from any portable source, if that's a concern...

On whether the K81DJ scales up quickly with the addition of an amp, you'd have to consult the gurus of the forum then. =D

Good luck on your purchase!

' date='17 Sep 2006, 04:26 PM' post='78996']

Get the ES7.

You're literally paying for a full bling mirror too!

:grin:

Aiyo,cannot la bro.That one out of my budget already.Maybe need to fork out some cash to get the headphone amp (depends on the headphone) if the sound not loud enough.

I can vouch for the fact that you can drive the AKG K81DJ easily from any portable source, if that's a concern...

On whether the K81DJ scales up quickly with the addition of an amp, you'd have to consult the gurus of the forum then. =D

Good luck on your purchase!

It that really true?Coz the review said the AKG K81DJ sound is slower than the ES5.Guess must try on those two.But problem is how to bring my source (Klipsch GMX 2.1) there ? :doh:

' date='17 Sep 2006, 05:21 PM' post='79005']

:shocking:

Seriously friend, :doh: I should be the one smaking your head!!!

A source is a signal generator (technically), for example here it would either be an audio signal playback machine or generator, it depends.

You can have

1) Radio Units

2) Discman Portable CD Players

3) Digital Audio Players

4) Turntables (Vinly or LP player just in case you didnt know :grin:)

5) Laptops/PCs

6) Full size CDPlayers

7) Television sets

8) Portable DVD/VCD players

9) Digital Camera (if u recorded video on it) / Video Camera

10) Cassette Walkman (if u still dig it)

Cheers!

Aiyo bro,corect la my source is the GMX. :doh: I will connect the headphone to the headphone jack at my GMX control pod (preamp).