Sign in to follow this  
DikiDino

Lobang for Altec Lansing IM716 Canal phone

Hi all,

Ok, my friend say most likely Ban Leong will be bringing in the IM716 and maybe the IM616 as well. So stay tuned!

As for the filters, my friend say they might not bring it in so soon. Say maybe most likely year end or something.

Guest joi-ful

Heck yea, I think only Amazon has them at such a low price. =P

Sian, been wanting to try out AL phones for some time le. But neither SE nor Jaben has them. I'm afraid that I may not like them if I chiong for these at Amazon(then waste $$ since I've got my UM1, and quite like it)...

*rant* I want more details + treble from my UM1!!!*rant*

my question to you. you like SF5pro? you like E4? today i went stereo and demo all the IEM there with my im716. SF5pro sound closest to im716. but im716 is a little warmer. the mid is smoother on im716. it basically like a E4 with more bass/ Note. comparison is done in bass mode. in HD mode, it better than Er6i and slightly similar to Er4p

Guest joi-ful

Whoa, haven't demo the sf5pro/4c/er4s yet cos I didn't think I have the budget for them last time. (Read: I wanna be satisfied with the UM1 for a few weeks first haha)

Hmmm, maybe I'll go down someday to audition some of these phones. Quite interested in the SF3 as well. I think Aron might have a good price for these phones.

SF3 is selling $169 at SE i think... it SQ will easily beat all IEM you can find in it price range... UM1 SQ is horrible for me... Arron told me reason for not getting im716 in his store as it will cost over $300++... he said amazon are able to offer such low price as amazon take in huge amount of stock at a cheap price... so SQ wise, you can be sure im716 is up there with SF5pro, E4 and um2

it may not cost as much as e MSRP on AL webby... but shld b qt close in my opnion...

take a look at e etys... they cost too..

erm... theory... i thot sf5pro sounded better than iM716... but i din use an amp...

did u test it useing an amp??

Guest joi-ful

SF3 is selling $169 at SE i think... it SQ will easily beat all IEM you can find in it price range... UM1 SQ is horrible for me... Arron told me reason for not getting im716 in his store as it will cost over $300++... he said amazon are able to offer such low price as amazon take in huge amount of stock at a cheap price... so SQ wise, you can be sure im716 is up there with SF5pro, E4 and um2

Well, the UM1 does have its flaws and may not appeal to all but I wouldn't go that far to say they're horrible. SQ wise it may lose out to other similarly prices IEM depending on one's taste but I believe SQ is not the sole factor when buying headphones/IEMs. In fact, UM1 is the most comfy IEM I've tried + it's non-existent microphonics :whistle:

Man, prob is... like yourself, I'm beginning to find that the SQ of my UM1 does not really satisfy my appetite for music now, especially after I got so used to my SR60s. I certainly don't expect the airy feeling (at least they are compared to IEMs..) and signature smooth mids/highs of the Grado from IEMs but I do hope that I can find one that isn't as muddy as the UM1 and better clarity.

it may not cost as much as e MSRP on AL webby... but shld b qt close in my opnion...

take a look at e etys... they cost too..

erm... theory... i thot sf5pro sounded better than iM716... but i din use an amp...

did u test it useing an amp??

yes... with crossroad. but without a amp, im716 also sound better if your DAP have enough to drive it... i'm using rockbox ipod nano. im716 is warmer and the overall, it more detail and warmer. the mid is smoother on im716

It will cost over $300 if you follow the MSRP on Altec Lansing website. But do you really think they are sold at that price?

if SE or jaben were to sell it, yes. because the local order will be very small... about <10 will be sell every month. so it local in take stock is low, the price of taking less is higher. amazon is ordering by a huge stock so they can lower the price...

Well, the UM1 does have its flaws and may not appeal to all but I wouldn't go that far to say they're horrible. SQ wise it may lose out to other similarly prices IEM depending on one's taste but I believe SQ is not the sole factor when buying headphones/IEMs. In fact, UM1 is the most comfy IEM I've tried + it's non-existent microphonics :whistle:

Man, prob is... like yourself, I'm beginning to find that the SQ of my UM1 does not really satisfy my appetite for music now, especially after I got so used to my SR60s. I certainly don't expect the airy feeling (at least they are compared to IEMs..) and signature smooth mids/highs of the Grado from IEMs but I do hope that I can find one that isn't as muddy as the UM1 and better clarity.

well maybe i should say my ear is spoilt... haha... um1 sound very horrible to me during my audition yesterday. the sound do not have body, lack extension in btoh ends, muddy and lack clearity. it only stay on my ear for 5sec before i take it off... d-jays and aurvana sound bad to my ears too... only <$200 IEM i can accept (exclude im716 and im616. They area consider to be in the $300 range for me) is sf3, ck7 and er6i.

if SE or jaben were to sell it, yes. because the local order will be very small... about <10 will be sell every month. so it local in take stock is low, the price of taking less is higher. amazon is ordering by a huge stock so they can lower the price...

If local sellers price them at $300, anyone in the right frame of mind will rather get them off Amazon for ard $150 even if there's no local warranty, since you can easily buy 2 with $300. So basically targeted segment will only be those who cant make online purchases or those who have no knowledge of IEMs.

Buying online have always been cheaper than buying locally. The only downside is no local warranty. But then again, SE and Jaben have always priced their IEMs to be below the MSRP direct conversion price, which is good news for us. If anyone really sells the IM716 at $300, definitely they'll price themselves out of the market. With a $300 budget, I can consider many other better IEMs too.