Sign in to follow this  
sputnik00

diana kralls' new album "from this moment on"

Yup i've got the album and i would say "The girl in the other room" sounds slightly better due to 2 killer tracks "departure bay" and "black crow"

But in all i'm still find it pretty good, well this is coming from someone who's just gotten into jazz though. :yes:

Yup i've got the album and i would say "The girl in the other room" sounds slightly better due to 2 killer tracks "departure bay" and "black crow"

But in all i'm still find it pretty good, well this is coming from someone who's just gotten into jazz though. :yes:

Have not had the chance to listen to that particular album. Will probably check it out after you've raved about the 2 killer tracks.

Personally, when I heard her first rendition of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" I was lost in it for months. Her new interpretation of it on this latest album is less poignant I feel.

Do you think her earlier albums had more texture? Or is it we're accustomed to her style now so she has to try harder to surpass herself?

I've not listen to her previous albums actually, these are the 2 that i've heard so far. :sweat:

Maybe the more jazzy forumners can comment on it. There's quite a few of them here.

Cheers

amongst the female vocalists i have on recording, my personal favourite is astrud gilberto though.

may be because i'm in love with stan getz and astrud sings with him on numerous occasions.

but diana krall's earliest interpretation of "boulevard" is my all time favourite for one for that song.