Sign in to follow this  
skinnylatte

Westone UM1 with PocketAmp

Hello everyone, first post here though I've been lurking for a while.

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on using the Westone UM1 with the Gary Ali's PocketAmp2. I am about to place an order for a PocketAmp2, but may also be in the market for a pair of new earphones. Any thoughts on the Westone UM1, together with the amp?

Go down to Jaben and look for Wilson to try out the UM1. He has the Go-vibe amp there as well which sounds really good too. You can probably try out the UE Super.fi 3 which is also in the same price league with the UM1. Go and feast your ears. Then you can safely make a decision after that.

Go down to Jaben and look for Wilson to try out the UM1. He has the Go-vibe amp there as well which sounds really good too. You can probably try out the UE Super.fi 3 which is also in the same price league with the UM1. Go and feast your ears. Then you can safely make a decision after that.

personally... i prefer the sound of SF3Studio...

althought getting a seal with it is more difficult than UM1

Edited by xenocide

yeaah... i'm feeling sorry about it too.. but what the heck! my wallet can suffer but my ears can't!

good words... my ear can never suffer. it just painful to use those crappy earbuds...

good words... my ear can never suffer. it just painful to use those crappy earbuds...

talk about crappy earbuds...

i was in school yesterday and my friends were asking wats those earphones

thats sticking out of my ears.

told them is UE SF5Pro... huh? was thier 1st remark.

nex ask me how much... i said >$400. they were like "you crazy! can buy ipod already"

i ask them to take a listen... guess wat thier reply was?

"same wat... nicer sound meh... the earphones provided by ipod is better than ur $400 earphone loh!"

i nearly commit suicide... :bash:

nex ask me how much... i said >$400. they were like "you crazy! can buy ipod already"

"same wat... nicer sound meh... the earphones provided by ipod is better than ur $400 earphone loh!"

Ignorance is bliss.....at least they don't have to suffer from upgrade fever.....until Apple releases another "must have" iPod design (same insides, prettier case) :grin:

You're coming from a "sound" perspective. They are just trying to stretch their dollar. try not to pollute their young minds at such a tender age. LOL.

i think um1 is consider muddy and with pa2v2, it even more muddy. you may want to try out sf3

Pa2v2 will add a slight mid bass "warmness" BUT will tighten up the bass somewhat. Not make it more muddy ;)

haha... my fren also said the same... i was saying dem siao... i don't paid so much for nothing...

Pa2v2 will add a slight mid bass "warmness" BUT will tighten up the bass somewhat. Not make it more muddy ;)

i mean um1 the bass is muddy and to me it in a mess... i try LDM+ and it still muddy and a mess... it just my option... um1 really not the 1 for me...

i mean um1 the bass is muddy and to me it in a mess... i try LDM+ and it still muddy and a mess... it just my option... um1 really not the 1 for me...

Roger :cans: