Sign in to follow this  
ahdui

Looking for cheap wires

I think it is Amaze or Ablaze, but here's the image. See the little Sonic Impact amp in the corner. The extreme freqencies are missing but extremelly musical but definitely not for rock. I'll try the Cayin HA-1A both as a pre and int amp when I have time as speaker sensitivity is 95db

Cables are all from LHS; XX259 & 8471. Using a mini-to-RCA from SLT basement shop.

The DVD989 sounds a lot better than I thought, expected it to sound bright and got it mainly for 1080 video capability.

post-2565-1161312282_thumb.jpg

I reckon you need better amplification. During the era of AA, I once bought a pair of JBL Power 20 to use as backup amp for my Dynaudio Acoustics speakers (Sensitivity 85dB, impedance 4ohms). It costs $250 each and I got a special deal for buying a pair. From its sonic and operational characteristics, I have reasons to believe it's a class A amp.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?show...&hl=jbl+power20

post-103-1161320495.jpg

laukinkon, is the speaker diy or bought. If bought, where did you get it from? Thanks.

Macky,

Thanks for the intro/info on AA amp.

The system is just a temporary setup as I'm not sure what I want. I've been a hardcore audio nut for years but completely switched out for many years. Just getting back in and do not wish to rush.

I'll likely get an amp with RC though.

The LothX speaker is on loan from a friend - it was supposed to be selling for $1.2K but manufacturer already closed down.

Although we are off track now, I wish to add the Amaze is very particular on the amp it partners with. Take your time and select a good one to feed it.

laukinkon, is the speaker diy or bought. If bought, where did you get it from? Thanks.

is heady going into diying for speakers

Macky,

Thanks for the intro/info on AA amp.

The system is just a temporary setup as I'm not sure what I want. I've been a hardcore audio nut for years but completely switched out for many years. Just getting back in and do not wish to rush.

I'll likely get an amp with RC though.

The LothX speaker is on loan from a friend - it was supposed to be selling for $1.2K but manufacturer already closed down.

i used to like one fo the ambience series of the lothx speakers.

Lothar sander have now started a new series called the magna acustics, a search in google will get u their website. hope this helps

is heady going into diying for speakers

Sorry mods for being so OTT.

If I can get someone to do the wood-working stuff, I will be in it in a flash. Actually, I would like to do the wood-working myself too but I think my home is already so messy. Adding carpentry tools will be the last straw for my wife... :lol:

Hey - the Magna Acustica HQ is located in Singapore! I wonder how much their entry level speaker is. I must wince before I can hear it... sure to be expensive.

Edited by heady

Sorry mods for being so OTT.

If I can get someone to do the wood-working stuff, I will be in it in a flash. Actually, I would like to do the wood-working myself too but I think my home is already so messy. Adding carpentry tools will be the last straw for my wife... :lol:

Hey - the Magna Acustica HQ is located in Singapore! I wonder how much their entry level speaker is. I must wince before I can hear it... sure to be expensive.

Ban Hock Leong, not sure i fi have gotten the right name at syed alwi does the woodwork though. singale driver should be much easier then those with crossovers.

the magna acustica is damm expensive, much more expensive then the lothx

Ban Hock Leong, not sure i fi have gotten the right name at syed alwi does the woodwork though. singale driver should be much easier then those with crossovers.

the magna acustica is damm expensive, much more expensive then the lothx

Thanks for the info - worth looking at since using my new amp (amp5), I notice a serious imbalance in the sound from the left and right speakers. Since they are like 20 years old, I am not optimistic can be repaired. The magna acustica is 2200 euro. OUCH!!

I'm be frank, never heard of the lothx until my friedn lend it to me. Light & didn't look like nor expected much. Just to test room acoustics & just curious how the cheap little Sonic Impact will sound after ready all the hype.

To my pleasant surprise, the combination with the Pioneer DVD is really musical! Speakers are not even stand mounted.

The highs & lows are missing but vocals and instruments falling within the mids are strangely intimate. Though extreme highs are missing, harmonics and related audio cues are present and natural - vibrating reed, trails of shimmering cymbal, vocal noises etc.

T-Amps seems to have good and sweet mid-range. But in my current system, there is good bass too maybe because the chip in my amp has more power. I am using an Amp5 which has 50W into 8ohms.

I've just bought a pretty transparent home system and tried both Belden XXX207 & 259. Good as they are, still not up to the dealers "Star Quad" DIY 1/c.

His 1/c is more detailed & focused, also seemed more liquid. The 207 is not far behind & is in turn better than the 259 in my new system. Both Belden have more bass and sounds tonally fuller though.

Edited by laukinkon