Sign in to follow this  
zhapchit

For the Deserts 張懸 fans

Guest joi-ful

Ermm, find it quite hard to like her. What's so special abt her compared to say the rest of the wannabes in the chinese pop industry?

totally diff ?

all the songs r her own productions thru out her life in the age of 13-19.

she nv depends on looks and image packaging.

but yup shes more in the pop side.

i have to say nt many ppl love her, out of my frens(more den 20 of them) who tried zhang xuan.. only 1 of them find it nice, the rest of them(pop lovers) say it sucks. ARGH! just dun know y they love typical pop songs where image plays 90% of the album nt songs.

Guest joi-ful

Ignoring image, I find her music too simple at times, only vocals and guitars. Her voice is nice no doubt but not involving enough. One possible reason may be the video/audio quality sucks. How's the SQ of her cd? If good then I'll try. It's always nice to listen to different flavours.

I dig into pop music, btw..

thats the nice part. simple vocals and acoustic guitar. isnt it ?

maybe u are used to filling music, thats y u find her style too plain.

she's the only 1 from the pop genre who can stays a long time in my DAP,which only holds the jazz vocals artist like Emi Fujita and Susan Wong for either a long period or permenantly.

Edited by ahdui

heh heh where can i get her CDs? i've been hunting for her album ever since i read a magazine review comparing her to my all time fav singer/songwriter 陳綺貞.

i've looked at CD-Ramas, Sembawangs, Music Junctions to no avail.

Edited by rkivie

thats the nice part. simple vocals and acoustic guitar. isnt it ?

oh the magazine must be spot on this time then. thats exactly why i love 陳綺貞's music so much. plus her voice, girlish yet exuding maturity at the same time. and she writes her own music; i have a thing for female singers who write their own music hehe. i was quite annoyed that she lost out to Tanya at the last taiwan music awards. i think it's about time she gets the recognition she thoroughly deserved.

OT: that wasn't the first time i read about someone else sharing a similar style to the 陳綺貞. i once read in another article about this 李欣芸. sadly, she isn't what i thought she was. i then decided that there is only one 陳綺貞 heh.

OT2: i was at CD-Rama today and saw that 梁靜茹's new album has a duet with 陳綺貞. i bought it on the spot lol.

OT3: i also recently discovered another singer that has a similarly sweet, girlish but 甜而不膩 voice. her name is 宇恆. and yes, she writes her own music too.

Edited by rkivie

Guest joi-ful

Yes i LIKE Yu Heng as well! Her music is more involving as well, more details to catch. Ermm, alright since I like Emi Fujita as well, I think I'll give it a go when I see Zhang Xuan's album next time.

Twins rock btw.......

heh heh where can i get her CDs? i've been hunting for her album ever since i read a magazine review comparing her to my all time fav singer/songwriter 陳綺貞.

i've looked at CD-Ramas, Sembawangs, Music Junctions to no avail.

I've seen the album at CD-RAMA (Orchard, CWP), HMV, MJ (CWP), and Gramophone.

nice vocal... try a song from baidu.. hehe.. indeed very nice.. will buy the cd :D

Edited by huangyong

Think she belongs more to indie pop than mainstream pop.

And coincidentally, the friend who introduced me to 張懸 is a big fan of 陳綺貞as well.

tried a few songs from 陳綺貞.

yup.. she is similar to 張懸!!!

thx for the recommendations!

Edited by ahdui

lol i found 让我想一想 in my big collection of songs.

*think back the good old days* when im using 56k to download a song LOL!