Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

M-audio opamps replacement

acid? blink.gif

Lead is metal so alkaline. If there is acid, it will oxidise my solder paste and I have to throw it away...

Or maybe I am wrong, let me ask my collegue about this...

Lead is metal so alkaline.

???

Mix water with metal than you get alkaline:

Na + H2O = NaOH + H ion

Acid + alkaline is salt:

NaOH + HCl = NaCl + H2O

I want to learn something too guys, can we make a thread out of this? It sure beats doing a search. I just love you guys wink.gif

It can be done.

The caps would probably have connections at the back. So bypassing them should be easy. It doesn't seem to look like it's an SMD capacitors. Why not replace the caps entirely with better ones?

The opamps is a different matter. I assume the opamps are the ones labeled "filter". Well 4 opamps are very close to the resistors. Unless, you have steady hands, you might damaged those resistors. The other 2 opamps doesn't look like they are going be a problem.

Also modding is not for the faint-hearted. If you can afford and is prepared to lose a soundcard (the possibility is always there), go for it but considering what I said above. smile.gif

Jayel

Even the seasoned solder guys in our lab do it under a 20X microscope, if they need to swapped IC. So good luck to those trying without a microscope. It can be done, but difficult. Also remember to check for any solder bridging across the legs before you power up, since distance between the legs is narrower than the width of the solder tip.

jason, i thought that first equation ONLY applies to the alkaline earth metals, aka all those in group 1 of the peroidic table?

as in for example Fe(OH)3 is NOT alkaline?

jason, i thought that first equation ONLY applies to the alkaline earth metals, aka all those in group 1 of the peroidic table?

as in for example Fe(OH)3 is NOT alkaline?

Na is group one, right? blink.gif

Mix water with metal than you get alkaline:

sorry lah jason i got misled by this statement.. blush.gif