Sign in to follow this  
Zephyron

ATH-CK9

Nope, not a typo.

Was browsing HeadFi and was surprised to have run into this!

If it sounds better than the CK7, it'll definitely give a lot of other IEMs a run for their money IMO!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Zephyron

Oh come on those things look like a box with wires sticking out of it. They couldn't have possible made it any more UN-ergonomic. Looks almost painful to wear. Are we going back into the 1980s when everything was boxy and curved edges did not exist yet :D?

Housing material yes, but perhaps we should wait for the sound first before passing on judgements like bashing it. The body looks lightweight enough to be held in place by the flanges used.

The design isn't necessarily bad, and we won't know about the ergonomics till we try (It reminds me of an over the ear D-Jays BTW, but it isn't as 'blocky').

I for one can see people going gaga if AT decides to release a black version like their ATH-ES7, black and white release.

These definitely look cheap, as compared to the CK7, though one must admit that using plastic as the driver casing will lighten the IEM.

I certainly agree that they look really much like the D-Jays...

PS: Look at the second picture carefully, there seems to be some botched up attempt at photo-editting for the cables. May just be erasing some dirt of the photos... Am I being paranoid? :P

EDIT: The editted part looks like straws to me now... I must have been paranoid.... :P

Edited by aaron-xp

is doesn't look as "high class" as the CK7 anymore

no more "bling bling" looks but rather a dull plastic look...

probably to match the iPods?

The colour combination reminds me of the E4 white/grey colour combination.... An attempt to emulate the great IEM in terms of design?

With that shape, its most likely single armature, extremely similar in terms of shape to a hybrid of an Ety and a D-Jays, with its wire popping out Shure E2/ Westone UM1 style.

The design is probably to match the iPods, but I won't be too surprised if AT decides to make a black bersion of this.

As a side note, the CK7 is heavy for a semi-canal. I think per side is 23g?

Did a search on them, did saw a black version of it...

and the wordings are orange..looks not bad to me thou.. :yes:

And yes..they look cheap...but not sure whether will be cheap..

Edited by Nonsense

Did a search as well.

The slated release date for the ATH-CK9 in Japan is November the 24th.

Here an image of the black ones.

Not bad IMO

IPB Image

Edited by Zephyron