Sign in to follow this  
Zephyron

ATH-CK9

I think AT should stick to making full size cans.

Too many companies are trying to jump onto the ipod accessory bandwagon, can't blame them though as that's where the cash cow is. I gues the mass consumers will dig them.

White=Bane of newspaper readers :doh: white px100....white igrados....

Maybe the next wave is the Osim massage DAP

Doesn't it exist?

Yup it does and it would be the next in thing for aunties. lol. ok my apologies to all the aunties out there, just a joke.

:b2t

Cheers

^

He said next 'wave' ;)

Anyways, I managed to gather more news:

同社は2005年11月に「ATH-CK7」(オープンプライス/実売約1万円)でカナル型イヤフォン市場に参入。以降CK5やCK5NAなどを投入し、10月20日には18通りの装着が可能な「ATH-CK6」(6,090円)を発売するなど、ラインナップを拡充している。

新モデルCK9は、CK7の上位モデルとなり、カナル型イヤフォンの最上位モデルと位置づけられる。最大の特徴は同社製品として初めて、バランスド・アーマチュア方式のドライバーを採用したこと。通常のダイナミック型ユニット(11mm径)を採用したCK7よりも、繊細な再生が行なえるという。

コード長は1.5mでY型。出力音圧レベルは104dB/mW。最大入力は3mW。インピーダンスは30Ω。プラグ部はストレートのステレオミニで金メッキが施されている。ハウジングは密閉式。イヤーピースは大/中/小の3サイズを同梱。キャリングポーチも付属する。

From what I can gather, this is the CK9 specs so far (in case anyone's interested):

Sensitivity: 104dB/mW

Max input power: 3mW <- I think this is a typo

Impedance: 30 Ohms

Driver type: Balanced Armature

Cord Length: 1.5m

Pricing: 22050 Yen (Interesting number... 22050Hz X 2 = 44100Hz sampling FYI)

In other related news, AT will also be releasing a lower-end ATH-CK earphone that maybe targetted towards the mid-range-performance IEM/semi-canal class, dubbed the ATH-CK6, which will debut in Japan at the 20th of this month. From the pricing stated in Japanese Yen, I believe it'll cost around the SG$100 region if not slightly less.

Here's an image of the CK6. Looks like the dreaded CK5 earloop support... Is back:

IPB Image

Edited by Zephyron

Oh come on those things look like a box with wires sticking out of it. They couldn't have possible made it any more UN-ergonomic. Looks almost painful to wear. Are we going back into the 1980s when everything was boxy and curved edges did not exist yet :D?

Boxy? Have you seen the Shure E1s? Thats boxy :grin:

But anyway, that looks pretty good, though I must say it looks plasticky compared to the gorgeous CK7 :P No matter, as long as it sounds good, though the pricing rumours on Head-Fi is pretty worrying... a lot more than the Super Fis, Westones, E2s and the AL 716/616s... :no:

After owning a ck7, ATH really noes how to make quality canals, see wad happens lor! lol

Edited by That dude

another d-jays aurvana kinda design ripoff.

but will give it a try if its available.

Anyways, I managed to gather more news:

同社は2005年11月に「ATH-CK7」(オープンプライス/実売約1万円)でカナル型イヤフォン市場に参入。以降CK5やCK5NAなどを投入し、10月20日には18通りの装着が可能な「ATH-CK6」(6,090円)を発売するなど、ラインナップを拡充している。

新モデルCK9は、CK7の上位モデルとなり、カナル型イヤフォンの最上位モデルと位置づけられる。最大の特徴は同社製品として初めて、バランスド・アーマチュア方式のドライバーを採用したこと。通常のダイナミック型ユニット(11mm径)を採用したCK7よりも、繊細な再生が行なえるという。

コード長は1.5mでY型。出力音圧レベルは104dB/mW。最大入力は3mW。インピーダンスは30Ω。プラグ部はストレートのステレオミニで金メッキが施されている。ハウジングは密閉式。イヤーピースは大/中/小の3サイズを同梱。キャリングポーチも付属する。

A babelfish translation:

"The same company "ATH-CK7" (open price/actual sale approximately 1 ten thousand Yen) with enters into the canal type ear phone market in 2005 November. It throws later CK5 and CK5NA etc., installing 18 sorts is possible on October 20th, line-up has been expanded e.g., "ATH-CK6" (6,090 Yen) it sells. New model CK9 becomes the superior model of CK7, the most significant model of the canal type ear phone is defined. Largest feature as the same company product for the first time, adopted the driver of バランスド armature system. Usual dynamic type unit (11mm diameter) CK7 which is adopted compared to, you say that it can do delicate playback. As for cord/code length with 1.5m Y type. As for output overpressure value 104dB/mW. As for largest input 3mW. As for impedance 30 Ω. As for the plug section the stereo of straight being mini-, the gold-plating is administered. As for housing direct vent system. As for year piece the large/inside/small 3 size bundled. Also the carrying porch belongs."

sounds good... the straight plug...

Rather rare though. I hardly see them on higher-end models now. Why is that so? Something to do with the stress on the headphone output jack?

Rather rare though. I hardly see them on higher-end models now. Why is that so? Something to do with the stress on the headphone output jack?

Yeah, all Shure earphones with the exception of the E500 has the old style thick L plug. Maybe they've got to a point where the construction of the normal plug is strong enough to meet their standards.