Sign in to follow this  
tok2mi

Altec Lansing MX5021

Hi guys would like to ask, im using the above speakers for my PC gaming use.

I wanted to find out, would it make a diffirence if i changed the cables connecting the subwoofer to the Satellites? Currently using thin bare copper wires.

yes as u can see from my sig.

can change both the leftright cables and also the Interconnect.

as for which cables to choose,its based on personal reference and experience.

i mixed the canare L-2B2AT(nth special,somehow neutral) cables with the belden 8471(produces brighter and more detail soundings) and the sound produced is fantastic for my own listening :)

Edited by ahdui

i mixed the canare L-2B2AT(nth special,somehow neutral) cables with the belden 8471(produces brighter and more detail soundings) and the sound produced is fantastic for my own listening :)

Am I able to use them on my megaworks too?

just head down to LHS located at SLT and look at the big collection of wires.

since u guys are starter abt cables, ask for some help from patrik (back-to-the-future-prof) or robert(boss sitting infront of the pc)

Edited by ahdui

sry to hijack ur thread threadstarter...

hi guys i'm having a problem with this set of speakers, mx5021..it seems that it ocassionally gives out some distorting sound..every now n then..happens when im playing audio and when im not..i asked ppl from simlim square the guy said my 3.5mm jack was dirty so i went to wipe it..but there seems to be no improvement...has anyone encountered tis problem? or know any solution to this? thanks a bunch in advance..

hmm.. distortion? No i nvr experience it with the speakers. u might want to try and change the cable? I have yet to change though. no time yet =)

just head down to LHS located at SLT and look at the big collection of wires.

since u guys are starter abt cables, ask for some help from patrik (back-to-the-future-prof) or robert(boss sitting infront of the pc)

hmm.. distortion? No i nvr experience it with the speakers. u might want to try and change the cable? I have yet to change though. no time yet =)

No sound mehx? u try putting ur ear near the speaker see got hissing sound. Mine got leh.

woops sry for the super late reply. din expect any1 to reply =x

erm its not no sound its just that my speakers produces occasional 'boom' sounds while its on(yes it happens even if i dont play any audio)

Edited by chiatlard