Sign in to follow this  
Slivester

Earpad headphones

I am boiling over which earpad headphones to get now, unless theres an IEM that can convince me :)); I am a basshead, and I really need the bass to get me going, and I am getting quite tired with my PX200.

So I am actually looking at some reviews, but still I am a prefect newbie in headphones, and definitely need some opinion from you guys.

I was comparing AKG K81DJ and K26P. What do you guys think, or do you have recommendations?

By the way, are they available for demonstration in any stores?

Hi,

If you're interested in IEMs, you might want to look at Super.fi 5EB. However, some said it has overpowered bass tones. Personally, the problem could be solved with the correct pairing of interconnect and portable amplifier.

You might also wish to look on Super.fi 5 Pro & UM2 for their defined bass tones and mids and high sections.

I have not heard the AKG K81DJ, but i personally liked K26P.

I just took over a SF5Pro 2 days ago from a friend who is enlisted (entrusted me to take care of them), and tried it out. Got to say I am really impressed with the overall SQ (esp mids and tones), but not enough bass directly from my DAP.

I too liked the sound of K26P, much more refined compared to my PX200. I am looking at couple of reviews that claims K81DJ to be even better than K26P, so thats probably something I need to clarify.

You might wanna give the K81DJ a run over at Stereo Electronics.

Beneath all that bass, its quite a good portable headphone, but that's what I didn't like about it, its overbearing (IMO) bass, since my sound sig preference lies more towards the Ety/Shure E4 side (Even the Orpheus had a teeny bit too much bass for my liking).

Give the K81DJ a go, you might just like it.

Ah alright thanks Zephyron, more assured to know that Stereo Electronics have a trial set there.