Sign in to follow this  
xjazzdummy

[CLOSED, MOD COMPLETED] Need help will headamp modding. Willing to pa

Hi everyone,

I intend to upgrade my X-Can v3 with the Pinkfloyd mod package. The problem is my soldering skills are crap. May I kindly request if one of you kind angels can help me with the modding works?

Info for the mod can be found at here. The mod basically is a cap change, involving 27 caps. All the selected caps will be provided, along with detailed instruction manual and even solder. I understand it's a straightforward mod but you will need to follow the instructions closely, because the new caps are a very tight fit on the board and so need to be soldered on in a certain sequential order.

That's it. It will probably take a few hours of your time at most. As mentioned, I will pay for your services. Any takers? Please PM me.

PLEASE HELP ME! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Edited by xjazzdummy

You see, I'm not a technical electronics person. I do not know how much those caps cost altogether. But I see the price as paying for the materials AND the years of experience and knowledge of Pinkfloyd. That guy has been modding X-Cans from v1 to v3 for many years. He's really into X-Can modding. I think GBP55 is fair to pay for materials plus his years of cumulative experience and knowledge on this one specific piece of gear. Pinkfloyd and his mod are very reputable in Headfi.

On other hand, if you feel that I'm foolish to pay so much, please please do profit from my foolishness by offering your much valued services. :-)

Jokes aside, can one of you kind souls please HELP me?

Are you in need of help still? I am new to this forum but have been an electronic tech for over tewnty years. I could possibly help. I am located in connectciut USA. Where are you?

Greg

You see, I'm not a technical electronics person. I do not know how much those caps cost altogether. But I see the price as paying for the materials AND the years of experience and knowledge of Pinkfloyd. That guy has been modding X-Cans from v1 to v3 for many years. He's really into X-Can modding. I think GBP55 is fair to pay for materials plus his years of cumulative experience and knowledge on this one specific piece of gear. Pinkfloyd and his mod are very reputable in Headfi.

On other hand, if you feel that I'm foolish to pay so much, please please do profit from my foolishness by offering your much valued services. :-)

Jokes aside, can one of you kind souls please HELP me?

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your offer. The amp has already been modded by a very skillful individual, who even went the extra mile to do the diode mod. Anyway, I'm located in Singapore, and shipping the amp to and fro to you would be prohibitively expensive. Thanks anyway for the offer!

I will close this thread since the mod has been completed. Please start a new thread to discuss impressions of the mod, which you are most welcome to share with us. Some pictures will be great too. :D