Sign in to follow this  
s2k

Amp for MS-Pro?

Hi:

I've had the MS-Pros for sometime but still seeking a decent amp to match it.

now still using my firestone i-cute beyond, which was bought to drive A-900 I used to have.... I don't think it could give me the full potential of the woodies :D

So now I'm considering the Lehmann Black Cube Linear but not sure how does it sounds...

I need some detailed, analytical sound, tried Little Country but it just made the MS-Pros sound too soft... :(

So any suggestions? price range better not to be higher than 1k+

thanks in advance :blush:

Edited by s2k

Not too sure if this is the site that you could order the ear max pro from.

Firstly, if you want a detailed and analytical sound, you may not want to go for a tube amp. Secondly, it is best if you could start with your source to obtain the type of sound you want. What is your current source and interconnects?

Hi:

I've had the MS-Pros for sometime but still seeking a decent amp to match it.

now still using my firestone i-cute beyond, which was bought to drive A-900 I used to have.... I don't think it could give me the full potential of the woodies :D

So now I'm considering the Lehmann Black Cube Linear but not sure how does it sounds...

I need some detailed, analytical sound, tried Little Country but it just made the MS-Pros sound too soft... :(

So any suggestions? price range better not to be higher than 1k+

thanks in advance :blush:

hi

Why din you try RA-1???? Or maybe you resisted this obvious choice?

cheerios

You can look for a used Earmax pro over at head-fi, FYI:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....ight=earmax+pro

I have not heard the Lehmann BCL but from what I've read about it, it has better synergy with Senn and audio technica rather than grado or alessandro. Audio Notes at singapore is the dealer of Lehmann BCL. You may want to audition them with your MS-Pro and report the result back here :)

Edited by kyaw

Firstly, if you want a detailed and analytical sound, you may not want to go for a tube amp.

You're kidding right?

I dont think he was kidding. a solid state design should be a better option for low impedence cans. The original EarMax was designed for high impedence cans whilst the Pro version is supposed to be better for low impedence but IMHO still doesnt come close to somthing like the Micro Zolt from David Berning.

The Cayin HA-1 is another option but try before you buy cos you may or may not have hiss issues (it's normal for tube amps to exhibit some hiss with cans that have both high sensitivity and low impedence.

If not tube amp, then why does the Orpheus use tubes? Also the Stax 007t.

My Diva tube amp will finally be ready this afternoon. I'll see if it matches the MS Pros. I experienced hiss not with the MS Pro, but the 250ohm Beyer DT990, so I disagree with your assessment that solid state amps will be a better match for low impedence cans.