fatnjuicy

um1 um2 prices

how much would a um2 cost?

um1 should be $160 right?

anyone can give me opinions on sound difference between the two? i only tested the um1s but not the um2.

If ur not looking for upgrade i suggest dont try. It'll just make you feel ur um-1's are lousy. Haha.

UNLESS you've got weird ears like mine, i prefer um1 over um2.

If ur not looking for upgrade i suggest dont try. It'll just make you feel ur um-1's are lousy. Haha.

UNLESS you've got weird ears like mine, i prefer um1 over um2.

i dont own any of them. price? whats your personal experience? can you give me a comparison on sound reproduction? thanks

Try searching some of the threads here. A few of them has quite a good number of impressions by various reputable members. Of course, like they always say, you should try them out yourself in order to find something that you will like. Not everyone likes the sound signature from UM1/UM2.

The UM2 cost roughly close to $500... UM1 has single armature driver while UM2 has 2 drivers on each channel.. Basically the UM1 will sound better in term of clarity comparing to stock earbud.. which will sound muddy... Bass quality will also improve after you got a good seal (Very important for IEMs)

UM2 beecause of its dual drivers it has much better bass quality in term of tightness and it goes much lower then the UM1...

Westone IEMS are famous for its liquid smooth Mids and plenty of it especially for UM2. Thus they are always labelled as very musical. Because these IEMS are very sensitive thus they are quite source independent.. and noise like hissing can actually be a problem for some sources... bring down yr flavorite CDs and source to the retailers recomended here and listen for yrself.. also try the Etymotics and Shure. They have different sound signatures and see which of them suit yr taste and genres of music better.

one thing about the um1is tt they suffer treble roll off.. it can b one of the reasons ppl reject them.. imo, dun get um2.. coz after hearin them for days, u cant tell the difference btw um1 n um2.. if u r not very sensitive how deep the bass goes,how clear the treble n how well the song is present(3D effect;soundstage)

one thing about the um1is tt they suffer treble roll off.. it can b one of the reasons ppl reject them.. imo, dun get um2.. coz after hearin them for days, u cant tell the difference btw um1 n um2.. if u r not very sensitive how deep the bass goes,how clear the treble n how well the song is present(3D effect;soundstage)

sorry... can u explain what 'treble roll off' is abt? :blush:

well if u still wonder..my experiences was UM2 has alot more bass than UM1..I'm a basshead :grin:

as for other clarity details like mids & stuff, i'm not in the right place 2 comment..

Guest dragonboy

Sorry was wondering wats the current price for a UM2??

is UM3 coming out soon??

Stereo seems to be retailing below $400. Westone 3.... i think still must wait long long. Never believe when it'll arrive untill u see it.