Sign in to follow this  
xjazzdummy

FS: PX100 modded $55

Selling few months old PX100 for $55. Includes the plastic case. Black colour.

Details of mod:

It is a simple mod. Mine is the newer version of PX100, not the original version. The current version all sound too bright with little bottom end, unlike the orignial version. I followed a Head-fi documented mod to address this by improving the seal in the housing. I did this with DIY kitchen sealant. To my ears, the PX100 is finally listenable after the mod. It is much improved.

The mod is entirely reversible (if you choose to) by just stripping off the sealant!

hi there, hmm i think i read somewhere they use bluetack.. not sure. am i right ?

Bluetac? That's a good one. I guess I went for a more permanent solution because the seal is supposed to be airtight.

If you're worried that you may not like the mod, it can be reversed.

I'd gladly like to post pics of my mod, but I realised that I must upload my pics to some site on the Net first and put a weblink to that site. Can anyone recommend a good free website for uploading the pics?

Alright everyone, here's the picture of the mod.

The left photo shows the mod with kitchen sealant. Looks like your kitchen sink seal? And like your kitchen sink, the seal is airtight and can be peeled off.

The right photo shows the cans with the foam pad on. It basically looks like a normal PX100.

post-2844-1161443568_thumb.jpg