Sign in to follow this  
Kube

best 8 gb player...

zen micro finally died on me....but my time of grieving is over! Was just wondering, what is the best 8gb flash player out there? So far, I'm contemplating the 2nd gen nano because it supports ALAC. I don't suppose the zen v, or the sansa e200 support rockbox?

Note, the player has to support lossless.

e200 rockbox is on the way and should be out by end of the year if the speed of development remain the same. ipod 2nd Gen do not support rockbox as of yet. developers is still working on it...

Judging by the looks and the maturity of the iPod platform, I would recommend the 2G Nano. I had a play around at a shop and it was very easy to use and extremely lightweight. Build quality was also nice.

Guest Cruise

but ipod's rather fragile and i dont think e batt can last e full 24hrs, or am i wrong? im jus wondering whether Nano has replacement batt.. cos i'll start worrying abt its depreciating batt life..

I have heard tat Nano's screen crack easily too..

but ipod's rather fragile and i dont think e batt can last e full 24hrs, or am i wrong? im jus wondering whether Nano has replacement batt.. cos i'll start worrying abt its depreciating batt life..

I have heard tat Nano's screen crack easily too..

I was under the impression that the cracking problem was only attributed to 1G Nanos.

According to iLounge, the 24 hour battery life is realistic.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/revi...ration-2-4-8gb/

Guest Cruise

oh.. i intend to by e 4G Nano, jus waiting for more demerits before committing..

I jus have a feeling apple's overcharging its 4G Nano.. cos when I compared e price of 8G Nano to e later, the difference is less than SGD100 and its double e capacity.. yet i might consider e 8G Nano too..

Heh, that's how they get you to buy the 8gb one! Infact, I can get the 30gb ipod video for around the same price as the nano 8gb. But I choose not to spend that little bit more cause I don't really watch videos or need that much storage.

Hmm...also, is rockbox for the 2nd gen nano is coming out when?

i detest the batt life of ipod. most other brands can easily last longer. Being a heavy music on the go kinda person, batt life is of utmost importance to me.

hmm.. wats a rockbox nano?

A nano flashed with rockbox firmware. Rockbox is an open source jukebox firmware. Much better than the original firmware in many ways. Why choose Rockbox?

Answer is here => http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WhyRockbox

I'm waiting for Rockbox to be compatible with 2nd gen Nano too.. not really used to using iTunes. Gonna uninstall it once I rockbox my nano..

Guest Cruise

Thks replay!~

awy, has anyone took ipod video for a jog and stil its working?

Ehh....IMHO, most harddisk based players can't be used for vigorous activities.

That's true. They work for a while because of the built in HD cache, but after the cache is full and needs to be replenished with new info, the hard drive can't read properly because of the vibrations and the music cuts out. I've had that happen to me before when I tried to go on a run with my iPod. Flash-based solid-state players are obviously "immune" to this.

Guest joi-ful

Hey, to TS:

Check out the $179 8GB Zen Microphoto!

Seems to be really really value for $$. Great SQ to boost as well.

Guest Cruise

yeah, tats why flash memory DAP has been banging e market rite now.. I wonder how much could they shrunk those memory chips so tat we could get 20GB Nano!! now tats wat im saying :party::party:

Im a capacity freak but nevertheless alws on a go, rough ones :dance::dance: