chaych

where to buy portable amp 2?

You can also get IC from j@b3n(Can i spell it the normal way here?)

lol you mean Jaben is a dirty word now?

anyway, shiro you mentioned that the hiss may be caused by the stock IC. can you elaborate more on this? i didn't know an IC can be a source of hiss. when i had the LDM+ previously, i could hear a lot of hiss with the UM2 plugged into the LDM+ and the amp was not even connected to anything else.

No.

Cause i saw one post that got a word Jaben spelled J**e*

So made me thinking that the word Jaben is ban or cannot be used here.

Found the post(link below)

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?s=&s...indpost&p=83862

Edited by dle4e_2005

anyway, shiro you mentioned that the hiss may be caused by the stock IC. can you elaborate more on this? i didn't know an IC can be a source of hiss. when i had the LDM+ previously, i could hear a lot of hiss with the UM2 plugged into the LDM+ and the amp was not even connected to anything else.

Cause for the PA2V2 is a normal problem when using with the stock IC, I dunno about other portable amp.

Like when you touch or move abit of the IC, they will be some hiss/static when using the stock IC with PA2V2.

Like when you touch or move abit of the IC, they will be some hiss/static when using the stock IC with PA2V2.

i understand what you mean. but i had thought that was a problem with the jack rather than the connector. my experience was that i had no such problem with the LDM+, but the same set of IC and earphones, were sensitive to the merest of touches when used with my Hornet, resulting in a loss of connection.

and i think the hiss that i'm referring to is different from yours. the hiss i am talking about is the background hiss that is present once the amp is switched on, regardless whether there is music playing or not. this hiss you mentioned seems to be intermittent, triggered by touching the connectors.

Edited by rkivie

i understand what you mean. but i had thought that was a problem with the jack rather than the connector. my experience was that i had no such problem with the LDM+, but the same set of IC and earphones, were sensitive to the merest of touches when used with my Hornet, resulting in a loss of connection.

and i think the hiss that i'm referring to is different from yours. the hiss i am talking about is the background hiss that is present once the amp is switched on, regardless whether there is music playing or not. this hiss you mentioned seems to be intermittent, triggered by touching the connectors.

hmm..

Think I got what you're saying about the hiss, both kind.

I dunno about theory, but I know about practical that happen to me.

On the first hiss, which is on the movement and stock IC ones.

I have the PA2V2, when using the stock IC, I got the hiss, but its gone when I pair it with Cardas HPI.

The second hiss, I have not listen clearly, and using with stock/cheap IC and using while on computer.

PC -> Little Dot 2+ -> Headphones

There's the hiss regardless any sound is playing in the background and gets higher with the hiss with more volume on LD2+.

But then, I have not changed any IC yet, and the output from computer, is not an exact good way, through my speakers output, not line out.

So yeah, thats what I can say from my experience, no problem when I use CDP -> LD2+ -> Headphones though.

To add on a minor point between the pa2 and ldm+, I found the built quality of the pa2 to be better. I had connection problems with the jacks on the LDM+. It came loose after a few use and the volume pot can be quite difficult to turn. Sound wise, pa2 has a warmer, very slight mid bass hump. But LDM has a better soundstage and a pretty obvious hiss.

From what people have mentioned of the PA2v2 compared to LDM+, at first the LDM+ would appear to have lean bass but it's actually the PA2v2 having boosted bass. So if you want a more neutral response, the LDM+. For more bass, the PA2v2. YMMV

I have not tried or measured the frequency response of LDM+ but here's some food for thought, in regard to the PA2V2's performance in the bass department. I've also highlighted my findings to Gary who promised to up the ante in this aspect if a version 3 were to be produced. PC2 denotes Porta Corda 2, a portable amp from Meier Audio.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=3192

Bass is where the PC2 excels over PA2V2. Using a home theater calibration disc, the former starts to roll off around 50Hz but earlier for the latter at about 63Hz region. Bass depth is also shallower with the PA2V2 which becomes inaudible (to me) at 28Hz while the PC2 scores better at 25Hz. In fact, I can hear a very soft rumble at 22Hz with the latter but it could be placebo effect. 3Hz may seem miniscule but each Hz lower in the low bass region is a challenge for even a full range power amp, let alone speakers.