Sign in to follow this  
metalgear

carpenters thread

I just started playing some very old CDs and found the sound quality to be *excellent*.

This Karen Carpenter, if not for her early demise, would have been a modern audiophile legend.

Any fans here ?

I just started playing some very old CDs and found the sound quality to be *excellent*.

This Karen Carpenter, if not for her early demise, would have been a modern audiophile legend.

Any fans here ?

Too bad. She died so young.

I had her SACD collection cd.

Crash diet. It's sad. Her voice was really great, excellent vibrato.

her singing style is firstly very relaxed. she never seems to struggle. soothing to the point where one's guard is easily let down to really listen to the music.

I had her SACD collection cd.

which did you think had the best sound quality ? I have a copy on CDR (remixed - my edit ) and was surprised to find even my "home transfer" comparable to some "audiophile" CDs i have.

which did you think had the best sound quality ? I have a copy on CDR (remixed - my edit ) and was surprised to find even my "home transfer" comparable to some "audiophile" CDs i have.

I think the SACD quality is pretty good as compared to her cd. Infact, I think if there is a XRCD version, it will be much better.

I had her Germany press collection cd a number of years ago but too much the cd become transparent due to attack of the foam so I get her SACD one.

I would definitely get her XRCD one if there is one. I much prefer XRCD as compared to SACD.

Infact, one good thing about her is all songs are composed by them. She is really the Queen of music & very talented. Until now, still so many people listening to her songs from primary school onwards.

Edited by Jeremy