Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Hi Oak,

could you please help to source one gif file on Sandy Lam, thanks. wink.gif

Btw, i should be around these few days in S'pore. Are you keen to pop by and listen to my China gears ? They are located in Jurong though, hope it's not too far from your place. wink.gif

No place is too far for me! I'm very keen in listening to your gears!

I will try and make a Sandy Lam for you, since she's my fav, so I will definitely have something.

ok i will pm you the time and place to meet soon. Btw, would you pay for a 3-yr old CD63SE (black) for S$200 ?Lens have just been changed. wink.gif

i am atually planning to buy one. Knowing your familiarity with Marantz, i just hope to get some guidance. wink.gif

From what I gathered with my ear, the Marantz sound is warm and excels in the midrange and this is pretty constant through the Marantz family. Soundstage, positioning, depth, weight get better as you move up the product line ladder.

However, splurging on the 63 may not be such a good idea. Would rather that you spend the money (with some topups) on the the 63SE KI because even though the circuit design may be dated, you at least get the best components that will bring out the best for that circuit design.

The only reason if I were to but the Marantz 63 is to use it to burn-in my new cables/equipments but I would think thrice if used otherwise.

One reason why I like Mackie's Pioneer PD9700 is because of the stable platter platform for the CD transport. This platter is also used in Wadia CDPs and having heard Mackie's PD9700, I think it worth the dough. Only thing is you need an external DAC to get the best bits out of the PD9700.

Thanks Oak. My plan was to use it in KL, whenever i am down there on biz trip. So it's only for casual listening and could be linked up to my Meta42 Transit for headphone play. Is the price ok ? wink.gif

Having tracked prices of various equipments at echoloft for the past 3 months, I think that it's a fair price, considering the fact that the lens has just been changed.

Thanks Oak. I am going to pm you the details, it should be this saturday. wink.gif