Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

<SGD300 CDP

Was looking for this model in Singapore, and couldn't find it anywhere. Was recommended it by the headfiers for its low cost and extra bonuses (SACD playback, which is not essential to me).

Is there anywhere that it is available. Took a trip down to Sim Lim Square, but all I asked didn't stock up on this model (admittedly though, I didn't search every shop). Wanted to order online, but mum didn't really like the idea of doing so (potential problem with player and shipping hassle).

Otherwise, what other alternatives are there. Budget <SGD300. Not really much preference on the sonic signature, but would like it to have a decent redbook output. SACD or DVD-A would be nice, but not important. How much does the Cambridge Audio Azur 340C cost in Singapore?

Thanks for the help...

What do you guys think of the Oppo 970?

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=41032.0

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196920

Seems to be rather well liked at its price point...

Will probably pair it off with a K501 or K601. Ampless currently, but will get one eventually.

Edited by aaron-xp

Go for the OPPO DV970HD, it's well within your budget and a all-in-one universal player. Go for a listen at X Audio at bukit timah plaza and only then you can decide for yourself.

Another budget audiophile sound quality to look for, the Marantz CD5001 is also an ideal CD player to upgrade your system, which costs slightly above your budget at $350. Can audition at KEC (first floor at adelphi) and they are nice and friendly people, audition welcomed and deal with confidence.

Or pick up a used NAD CDP at echoloft. Good luck! :)

Edited by kyaw

Was looking for this model in Singapore, and couldn't find it anywhere. Was recommended it by the headfiers for its low cost and extra bonuses (SACD playback, which is not essential to me).

Is there anywhere that it is available. Took a trip down to Sim Lim Square, but all I asked didn't stock up on this model (admittedly though, I didn't search every shop). Wanted to order online, but mum didn't really like the idea of doing so (potential problem with player and shipping hassle).

Otherwise, what other alternatives are there. Budget <SGD300. Not really much preference on the sonic signature, but would like it to have a decent redbook output. SACD or DVD-A would be nice, but not important. How much does the Cambridge Audio Azur 340C cost in Singapore?

Thanks for the help...

What do you guys think of the Oppo 970?

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=41032.0

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196920

Seems to be rather well liked at its price point...

Will probably pair it off with a K501 or K601. Ampless currently, but will get one eventually.

Hi Xp,

One more vote to the OPPo 970. Play some SACDs with it also when you audition it at X audio.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Liked the Oppo, but decided against it because of the fact that I won't be using the DVD playback capability.

So, it's the Marantz CD5001 + K601 combo for me. :D

after looking through the past threads, it is apparent that the marantz cd5001 is arguably the most favourable one to go for in terms of a budget beginner dedicated cd player. as the threads may be outdated, may i know of any other commendable model in this range?

am still considering, and it won't be tomorrow that i'll decide on whether and which to get. but the itch never dies...

even if i end up getting one, i guess i'll be content w/o a home amp in the near future. perhaps i may just add in my pa2v2. cans will be the lovely ms1.

thanks for any feedback.

Edited by Theatre Of Dreams