Sign in to follow this  
laser

PAYPAL

erm sorry pple noob here ... lets say i wan to purchase something from the USA, can paypal be used to deduct money from my posb account? or muz it be some other banks? coz i dun have a credit card so was wonderin whether can use paypal to pay..

I don't think Paypal can link to Singapore bank account. You have to link your Paypal account to a Credit or Debit Card. Are you able to apply for a POSB Debit Card?

hmm coz in the paypal website they said can link to bank accounts but nt sure abt singapore ones though.. wats the diff betw an atm card and debit card? sorry noob here...haha

hmm coz in the paypal website they said can link to bank accounts but nt sure abt singapore ones though.. wats the diff betw an atm card and debit card? sorry noob here...haha

Only US bank accounts can be linked to Paypal.

Debit card is like a credit card execpt no annual fees and is linked to your bank account directly. No credit, and direct debit from your bank account.

Oh okae... thats something like atm too.. haha sorry im noob abt this kinda stuff.. anyway can u pass me the link to the paypal credits on hardwarezone? cant seem to find it..

But do remember that there is fraud too in Paypal. It favour the Buyer more then Seller.

Buyer can revert payment anytime even when money is already in Seller's bank. And paypal just debit the money from your account. Just becareful.

Cheers

So I guess knowing a friend is the best then. Anyhow, beware of paypal. Heard cases of people's accounts being closed and cleaned out... so don't leave your money in it.

haha too bad i still schoolin dun have frens got credit card sia.. then hw does the credit system in paypal work? sigh anyone mind helping me? i wanna buy this 30 dollar ipod skin from USA

I think the best choice is to get a debit card yourself.

Only requirement is to be 17 years old and above.

Most banks no annual fee, other then dbs, but if you're first time signing on, will have 5 years fee waiver.