Sign in to follow this  
earspeaker

ck9 audio-technica

is it on par with the ER4p/s?

A HD and UNmode IM716 lover here.

u mean ck9? ck9 is a warm IEM. er4 is a analytical IEM so it different

SE got ER4 for testing also?

Tested the ER4 for a few seconds once only,Love it alot but forgot how it sounds like already. lolx

Tested the E4 at Jaben once also but not to my liking.(maybe i got weird ears.)

Going to upgrade soon when i feed my wallet during the end of the month.

Hoping to find the black ER4 also.

Dunno to get S or P for ER4.

Edited by dle4e_2005

SE got ER4 for testing also?

Tested the ER4 for a few seconds once only,Love it alot but forgot how it sounds like already. lolx

Tested the E4 at Jaben once also but not to my liking.(maybe i got weird ears.)

Going to upgrade soon when i feed my wallet during the end of the month.

Hoping to find the black ER4 also.

Dunno to get S or P for ER4.

nope... er4 must go jaben. get p is better... den get p-s converter...

CK9 is great... very warm sounding... btw, i have preorder... can't wait to get it...

oops... saw my name... well, after trying out ck7, my im716 mid sounds lay back... i love the warm sound of ck9... i find it warmer than um2, sf5pro. it not as detail as im176 but more than um2 and sf5pro.

you getting it? i'm dieing for it... :)) fit was easy on my ear and it so comfy... but the cable is bad...

Unlikely. If I hadn't an E4, I'd probably be getting it =)

As I previouslymentioned, to me, its a watered down E4 with less details throughout the spectrum, BUT its still an extremely smooth earphone and is apparently very forgiving as well. AT did a good job with the CK9 IMO :)

looks great. single drivers are they?

yup... somehow i still prefer the sound from single driver... haven heard of the triple driver yet...

Unlikely. If I hadn't an E4, I'd probably be getting it =)

As I previouslymentioned, to me, its a watered down E4 with less details throughout the spectrum, BUT its still an extremely smooth earphone and is apparently very forgiving as well. AT did a good job with the CK9 IMO :)

IC... thought you are going to get it for traveling purpose...

ok... actually i thought of starting a thread on my 1st impression but since you asked here, i'll ans here.... all my comparison for im716 is on bass mode. ipod nano rockbox, custom DIY Canare IC and GOvive v5

compare to ck9, ck9 bass is less prominent. im716 bass had a much greater impact and im716 is a faster phones to my ears... but im716 bass can't be eq too much. distortion will easily settle in if eq is a little too much. But ck9 bass is really clean and can eq to a heavy level without distortion.

mid part, ck9 wins totally hands down on warmth. it just so warmth for me. i love it. think only E4 can be compare. im716 feel recess in this area. about the details, im716 will win by a small margin.

treble part is the weak point of ck9... it doesn't extend far as compare to im716 or sf5pro. but still far better than um1, um2, d-jays.

overall, i think ck9 is a very value for $ IEM... not that i do not like im716. both is good to my ear. i'll rotate both for different uses. effectively, i'm have 3 different IEM in hand. im716 HD, im716 Bass and ck9.

I believe those who saw & tested ck9 will be wondering why no specs on Frequency Response? Call AT singapore & they me told is the design "balanced armature", that cannot be compare to normal earbud/IEM type. They say they will expect some technical input from Japan soon to explain balanced armature.

Anyway, i believe ck9 can be EQ to taste, as mention by tis user. I rather not suffer from hearing fatigue.

Will get mine from hung bros tis weekend & hopefully get some discounts.....

ok... actually i thought of starting a thread on my 1st impression but since you asked here, i'll ans here.... all my comparison for im716 is on bass mode. ipod nano rockbox, custom DIY Canare IC and GOvive v5

compare to ck9, ck9 bass is less prominent. im716 bass had a much greater impact and im716 is a faster phones to my ears... but im716 bass can't be eq too much. distortion will easily settle in if eq is a little too much. But ck9 bass is really clean and can eq to a heavy level without distortion.

mid part, ck9 wins totally hands down on warmth. it just so warmth for me. i love it. think only E4 can be compare. im716 feel recess in this area. about the details, im716 will win by a small margin.

treble part is the weak point of ck9... it doesn't extend far as compare to im716 or sf5pro. but still far better than um1, um2, d-jays.

overall, i think ck9 is a very value for $ IEM... not that i do not like im716. both is good to my ear. i'll rotate both for different uses. effectively, i'm have 3 different IEM in hand. im716 HD, im716 Bass and ck9.

Theory

thanks for the write-up...will go down to SE to listen to the CK9, 716 and maybe 2 others.

Arrgh itchy...but I really like my ck7 for clarity and having a punchy bass.