Sign in to follow this  
earspeaker

ck9 audio-technica

[attachmentid=3679][attachmentid=3680]

Hi, am new in this forum. Before I get "kick out" (no pun intended) of the forum, thot i share some views of this new product from AT.

I just got a ck9 audio-technica from Japan & would like to share some comments about this earbud type headphones which they call "balanced Armature headphones.

here are the specs:

30ohms impedance

input pwr 3mW

o/p is 104dB/mW

Y-cord

5g.

Strange thing is, there is no frequency response data. Have ask ATJ but no response from them yet. Will update the forum.

Now, sound wise. Mmmm..... :cans:

I still prefer ck7, nice low-mid. My music type range from classical to down-tempo acid jazz, and i find the ck9 handles the low-mid well but not enulf "punch" . Basically very flat, nice hi-mid (handles high SPL well) and clean low-mid (not muddy). I wore the earphones while on the way back to Singapore from Japan, and i must say it is very comfortable. I slept thru with my favourite "kevin kern" music. :thumbup:

Wat else can i say, get one & experience for yrself la. Price: $280.00 (from Japan)

Design: 10/10

Sound: 9/10

Value:7/10 (expensive man!)

post-2955-1162525774.jpg

post-2955-1162525813.jpg

Looks decent, and probably sounds good as well.

Yay. Another mid-range contender.

PS: I think the post would gain more attention in the portable audio sub-forum.

This is one AT I'm looking forward to. The black one looks nice :)

Its overall more aesthetically pleasing as compared to the E4 as well. If the SQ surpasses the CK7 in my books, this'll be good to give a shot or even get. Hopefully it'll come into SG soon :)

so much did you get it for? in sing dollars???

available in sing yet? :))

$280 from his post? :))

Looks a lot like a Shure to me. Well, it's what the Japanese are best at. :D

Anw, topic shifted to portable forum as suggested by aaron.

Looks a lot like a Shure to me. Well, it's what the Japanese are best at. :D

Anw, topic shifted to portable forum as suggested by aaron.

Thk u guys, i new la.

Am not sure whether Singapore has it yet but may wanna checkout Sim Lim Sq electronic retailshop.

Tried it at Stereo the other day. I found out that I wasnt the only one having trouble to get these to fit right. The sleeves are really soft, so I pushed them all the way in... only to find that i can hear absolutely no music. The problem is alleviated when i pulled them out slightly, then i can hear some music, but the bass becomes non-existant. I was totally unable to get a good enough fit to actually audition it (I have small ear canals), so I can't really say how it sounds like <_< , but this probably isnt just for anyone, because the fit is really odd... do wonder how they sound with customs though. :D

Tried it at Stereo the other day. I found out that I wasnt the only one having trouble to get these to fit right. The sleeves are really soft, so I pushed them all the way in... only to find that i can hear absolutely no music. The problem is alleviated when i pulled them out slightly, then i can hear some music, but the bass becomes non-existant. I was totally unable to get a good enough fit to actually audition it (I have small ear canals), so I can't really say how it sounds like <_< , but this probably isnt just for anyone, because the fit is really odd... do wonder how they sound with customs though. :D

The one he truely wanted to test isn't available. :naughty: