Sign in to follow this  
canonnier

$160 budget for IEM

Westone um1

Ety er6/i

UE sf3

Shure E2

Thanks, one more query. Can the alternative ear tips sold sepearately be fitted to all the above selection?

Between UM1, 6i, yes, SF3 and E2 use their own tips that are not interchangeable between all 4 of themselves.

Between UM1, 6i, yes, SF3 and E2 use their own tips that are not interchangeable between all 4 of themselves.

By reading some of the posts, the popular choices are either um1 or sf3. I will test them out at either jaben or SE. In your opinion, which one is better for overall performance. I prefer not to be bassy.

for me, i prefer the sound of the superfi 3, however some pple prefer the comfort of the um1 as the superfi 3 kinda sticks out of your ears.. i suggest u go Stereo E, as jaben is outta stock for the superfi 3 and superfi 5.. u can try calling to check b4 u go down..

I've pretty much given up on reccomending IEMs to people in general, since their performance varies from one person to another, since they're highly dependant on the shape of your ear canal.

The best way for you to know is to find out :)

Thanks, I pretty much want to narrow my choices, dun wanna test too many and get confused. Going to SE later and hope to get my 1st pair of IEM today.

IEM-------------Features

Um1------------Warm, vocal is nice, comfortable to wear and good isolation but poor extension for treble and bass

Shure E2-------Warm but bass can be muddy(muffled) at times; sound close to um1 (IMO)

Superfi 3-------Good bass, treble is not bad and have the excellent soundstage but lacks warm and need some time to learn how to put them on

Er 6i-------------Excellent treble, very detailed but bass is extremely weak

Zen aurvana---Never test before but ALOT of people commented that they are not good.

D-jays----------Treble and bass sounds weird unlike other iem

Im 616----------rare iem(IMO), I guess only BanLeong PTD sells it but at a much higher price, amazon sold it for less than $200. Similar in clarity and slightly better in frequency response than Etymotic’s ER-6i, but find them brighter than the ER-6i with identical triple flanges; they sounded better with foams.

These are the iem below $200 and see what do you want to emphasize for your music

This is just my opinion.. best that u test them out..

Note: all these iems are compared among themselves as >$200 iems are much better in sound

HAHA.. lazy to rewrite.. so copy and paste.. cheers

Thanks, I pretty much want to narrow my choices, dun wanna test too many and get confused. Going to SE later and hope to get my 1st pair of IEM today.

Ya better not get confused over which one to get, or else you'll just end up getting all..

Got my um1, excellent isolation. I notice that when I'm on the move, i could feel the thumping sound when my feet(heel) hits the ground, it's like slightest impact can generate sound in the body. Is this what one will experience with an IEM.

Yes they generally work like earplugs so they amplify ur body sounds. The other thing tat can create tons of sound is the cables but um1 dont really suffer from them.

haha cannonier wat made u choose the um1 over superfi 3?

I must say it's the comfort, light weight and clarity. The track that I tested the 2 pieces with is intrumental, um1 seems to better in that.