Sign in to follow this  
vii_haven

Audio Technica CK6 vs CK7

i belive there are users of the ATH CK7 here? care to give a review anyone? how does it sound compared to the UM1, and UM2 and E4? can it use shure sleeves as well?

and anyone has the new CK6? how's that? thinking of getting either the CK6 or CK7 to compliment my um2 with custom molds. on days when i need something nicer to go out with. haha. but must sound good of course.

price of CK6 and CK7?

I suggest you give the CK6 a shot first.

My impression of it was that it wasn't... very good at all... Up to the point I'll take stock buds over it anytime.

The sleeve mount for the CK6 is also very unique. Its ovalish in shape.

I suggest you give the CK6 a shot first.

My impression of it was that it wasn't... very good at all... Up to the point I'll take stock buds over it anytime.

The sleeve mount for the CK6 is also very unique. Its ovalish in shape.

you mean the ck7 is not very good?

what's the nearest iem that has a similar sound to the ck7/6?

Personally, I like the CK7 a lot, but the CK6 is a different story.

I suggest you try it out first.

IME and IMO, the ER6i and the CK7 sound rather similar.

Personally, I like the CK7 a lot, but the CK6 is a different story.

I suggest you try it out first.

IME and IMO, the ER6i and the CK7 sound rather similar.

i will go down next week after my exams to try. haha. hmm..if it sounds like the ER6i, then i think i'm going to be very disappointed when i try it. personal preference, i've tried the ER6i and other etys before. totally hated the sound. so clinical and sterile. to me, personally, the um2 are musical. hmm...will let you all know when i try. though now i'm a bit sian already. haha.

i will go down next week after my exams to try. haha. hmm..if it sounds like the ER6i, then i think i'm going to be very disappointed when i try it. personal preference, i've tried the ER6i and other etys before. totally hated the sound. so clinical and sterile. to me, personally, the um2 are musical. hmm...will let you all know when i try. though now i'm a bit sian already. haha.

Hi, if u like extended low-bass, like listening to Moby, u will love the ck7 for the nice 80 - 100Hz response. :cans:

Hi, if u like extended low-bass, like listening to Moby, u will love the ck7 for the nice 80 - 100Hz response. :cans:

I have to agree with you on that! :party: